Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: .Orger Usergroup for Change

Quote Originally Posted by weeboyagee View Post
    Since you have qualified your position, Colin is the only one that can do it now. I trust he will take everything here into consideration.

We now wait.
    WBA we seem to be on the same wavelength at the mo.
    I honestly didn't see that suggestion before I posted the exact same one. lol

All hail Colin! All hail Colin!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Ok, the list of VOLUNTEERS so far are:

Porshiepoo
    Mr P Cannop
    Ricco
    Gogglebox
    Weeboyagee
    WeeBurd
    Peedie
    Elenna
    JamieS
    CrashBandicoot1979
    Boozeburglar
    IceBox
    RockChick
    Rheghead
    Sam
    Calish6
    Tristan
    Oddquine
    Praetorian

I apologies if I missed anyone out!!
    Last edited by Piglet; 12-Dec-06 at 18:53. Reason: adding a name

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    I think one of the big problems we have is that progress seems to be made but then a whole new bunch of people log on, have to quickly catch up with whats been said and then have to burn their fingers on the keyboard to get heard. So we end up back at square one.

Dare I say this - Eek! - someone in authority (sorry Colin) has to decide the way we ARE going to go forward. i.e. Tell us exactly what we're doing (voting etc), tell us the deadline and then that's it, the rest is up to us.

We're just never going to decide on what to do here. If we decide now that the deadline is 8pm, people will come on after and say thats not fair. So if we re-open it we'll just be back to the bickering and I for one cannot stand another 16 pages of this (Ineed me sleep).
    If Colin opts for us to vote and tells us the deadline, end of, then surely it's only going to help?
    Just a suggestion.
    I agree. Earlier in the posts I suggested locking all the thread of this manner to "time out" and then move forward.

Seems like that's the only solution to stop the catch up and start again situation happening again,.....and again,.... and again,.......yawn.....

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Ok, the list of VOLUNTEERS so far are:

Porshiepoo
    Mr P Cannop
    Ricco
    Gogglebox
    Weeboyagee
    WeeBurd
    Peedie
    Elenna
    JamieS
    CrashBandicoot1979
    Boozeburglar
    IceBox
    RockChick
    Rheghead
    Golach
    Sam
    Calish6
    Tristan

I apologies if I missed anyone out!!
    Yep, you missed Oddquine who volunteered just short ago.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Yep, you missed Oddquine who volunteered just short ago.
    Have now added Oddquine.

Thanks Metalattakk

Quote Originally Posted by weeboyagee View Post
    Sorry - not taking you up on this at all. Enough has been said - we're moving forward - my opinion has been aired. Mistakes were made all over the place and we are trying to resolve it not go back to the start of the whole issue. What happened before and after the email will be considered by the U.G. so that something like that doesn't happen again I'm sure. If you can't find comfort in that (which I hope you can) then I'm afraid I don't know what will be the resolve that will satsify you.

You shouldnt have said what you said then! I happen to have an opinion also and I am not the one seeking comfort at all my conscience is quite clear!

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    You shouldnt have said what you said then! I happen to have an opinion also and I am not the one seeking comfort at all my conscience is quite clear!
    My apologies, I read the post again and have fallen into the same trap as I have been trying to avoid. I shouldn't have said it to avoid antagonising anyone including yourself regardless of my opinion or not. My apologies.

WBG

Ive changed my mind. Its not the U.N. thats needed round here its Super-nanny.
    Colin can we please have a time table drawn up?
    How does names put forward for the new group cut off time midnight tonight sound?
    If colin or someone technical could then draw up a poll for users to vote on, say 4 votes per user as to who should be on this group? Deadline for this vote , say midnight saturday?
    If a section could then be started for the lucky? chosen 12? to be able to use , but all members of the org be able to read ,to be set up as soon as possible after saturdays deadline?
    If a chairperson/leader/spokesperson for this group is recquired let the 12 new members vote/sort it out themselves.
    These are only my personal ideas , but the way i see it until a timetable is set up and action starts this is just gonna keep on going round in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by teuchter View Post
    Ive changed my mind. Its not the U.N. thats needed round here its Super-nanny.
    Colin can we please have a time table drawn up?
    How does names put forward for the new group cut off time midnight tonight sound?
    If colin or someone technical could then draw up a poll for users to vote on, say 4 votes per user as to who should be on this group? Deadline for this vote , say midnight saturday?
    If a section could then be started for the lucky? chosen 12? to be able to use , but all members of the org be able to read ,to be set up as soon as possible after saturdays deadline?
    If a chairperson/leader/spokesperson for this group is recquired let the 12 new members vote/sort it out themselves.
    These are only my personal ideas , but the way i see it until a timetable is set up and action starts this is just gonna keep on going round in circles.

I think we're all waiting anxiously to hear from Colin.

But your suggestions are spot on. Yay!!!!!!!!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    I think we're all waiting anxiously to hear from Colin.

But your suggestions are spot on. Yay!!!!!!!!
    I think that's pretty much what was wanted from post #1
    A fair open voting system.
    Thats all.
    Everything else was the cart before the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaishowing View Post
    Are you saying that with your Moderator hat on, or your User hat?

]
    You forgot the common sense hat.

This thread is a serpent eating it's tail.

Kaishowing, many people felt uncomfortable at Dreadnoughts posting and expressed that publically. Several seem to have expressed that formally as well. As the saying goes, I will defend to the death his right to express himself ( and my right to disagree) as long as there is respect for the people reading those opinions and as long as they are within the rules of use of this forum. His right to expression does not superseed the way he was making so many feel. "Where one persons liberties/rights begin, those of another ends"
    Last edited by _Ju_; 12-Dec-06 at 18:30.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

I put my name forward - Who is actually running with this list?
    PRAETORIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    I put my name forward - Who is actually running with this list?
    Sorry praetorian i have put your name on the list now.

We are waiting for Colin to come and put up a poll for the voting to begin.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Manson View Post
    Even after saying all that the points that I gave him for the two different posts wouldn't have put him over the limit but he already had points for swearing previously.
    I am assuming the points you mention were incurred after you decided to declare an amnesty on all infractions?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Manson View Post
    I'm willing to forgive and forget even if some of the users aren't willing to do that.

I think one of the actions on our part would be an amnesty for all Infractions (I'll delete all the Infractions and warnings that have ever been issued) and I'd hope that those who left recently would consider coming back, they are more than welcome.
    If not, hopefully we could see some of that generous spirit offered out to Dreadnought.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Its frustrating and difficult to make sense out of it but there are clearly those voices of reason and they need to be allowed to make calm and coherent points without being heckled
    Perhaps there could be a per member limit for posts in some threads so each member would be minded to stick to the subject in hand lest they lose the chance to get their oar in?

Best wishes in steering the whole thing forward anyway.

The cutoff time for volunteering is 20:00, once that time has passed I'll close this thread.

There is an issue with the poll option I can create as many options as required but I only have the ability to turn on multiple voting, not to control how many votes a user may make.

I can make it public to ensure that everyone just votes for 12 out of the list but it's not a great method. I could do a PM vote but I'm sure that would just cause controversy if the vote doesn't come out as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    I am assuming the points you mention were incurred after you decided to declare an amnesty on all infractions?
    It was never declared only suggested and if it happens it will occur when the new rules/moderators etc are being put in place. Until that point we need to have some rules in place or chaos will ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar
    If not, hopefully we could see some of that generous spirit offered out to Dreadnought.
    I have no issue with removing his infractions, they will all be removed at the same time.

Perhaps there could be a per member limit for posts in some threads so each member would be minded to stick to the subject in hand lest they lose the chance to get their oar in?
    No options to do that and I'm reluctant to even look for a plug in for obvious reasons. We'll just have to take it as it comes, or make a covering rule for Suggestions type threads that will used to pass everyones ideas to the new usergroup.

Best wishes in steering the whole thing forward anyway.
    Thanks I'll probably need it, I didn't want this to have to be run by us but I can see why it probably needs to, I'll try and stay clear as much of the running as I can and only managed where required.

This is all getting a bit petty...............

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617