Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Internet Explorer 7

Default Internet Explorer 7

Has anyone upgrade to IE 7 yet? If so, how are you finding it?

I'm finding the changes in layout annoying, having to get use to it all.

Firefox is my default browser, but use IE for when sites don't work propertly in Firefox.

I have IE 7. I find it as good as Firefox with tabbed browsing etc. I have had no problems with it.

Just installed it myself recently, keep shutting everything down with the X button. Its so frustrating, especially as the desktop has not been upgraded yet so keep getting confused.

Also don't like the idea that there isnt a direct link to emails - unless there is and I just havn't noticed it yet lol
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

It should be on that annoying sliding bar that's alongside the tabs bar. You know, the sliding bar that you can't get rid of.

IE7 also keeps crashing on me.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Can't get used to it at all.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

Yes, I have the upgrade too, and it seems to be working just fine. But Im finding the arrangement/ placement of toolbars and buttons is devillishly awkward and annoying, and it doesnt look like one can customise.

Its going to take me a while to get used to it as well.
    The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

I use Macs so IE 7 isn't really an option, but I do test web sites on it on another computer. I quite like its new support for technologies like RSS and ATOM.

It's also less likely to screw up when you view modern Web 2.0 sites like Flickr or Last.fm.
    Gordon Mackay http://www.gordonmac.com/

I think it's great, well, now that I've gotten to grips with customising it that is .

I love the tabbed browsing, very convenient, allowing me to set several sites as my homepages so I can see them all at a glance without having to open up new windows and then rake through my favourites.

It took a bit of getting used to, but definitely worth persevering with in my opinion.
    WeeBurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Has anyone upgrade to IE 7 yet? If so, how are you finding it?

I'm finding the changes in layout annoying, having to get use to it all.

Firefox is my default browser, but use IE for when sites don't work propertly in Firefox.

IE 7 works well for me. I just had to get used to it.

I have IE7 and have no probs with it
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

I found it irksome to begin with but my only gripe now is that I have no immediate link to Outlook Express. Have to go down to Start to get it.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
    I found it irksome to begin with but my only gripe now is that I have no immediate link to Outlook Express. Have to go down to Start to get it.
    Ricco, click on the drop down arrow beside the tools button, then scoll down to toolbars then customize. Just add the read mail button to the tool bar, job done.

Quote Originally Posted by wicker05 View Post
    Ricco, click on the drop down arrow beside the tools button, then scoll down to toolbars then customize. Just add the read mail button to the tool bar, job done.
    Thanks, Wicker. I'll try that when I get home.

Thumbs down

Absolutely hate the new browser. Especially hate the writing it uses, and seems that you can only choose from stupid fonts which arnt much better. What I am writing right now seems subtly blurry and hurts your eyes. Also, I have found guitar tab (which I use everyday) horrible to read in the new fonts.

Is there anyway to go back to IE 6? Tried to find a download for it on Microsoft.com but couldnt find one. Have a dell, and therefor no Windows XP cd.

go to control panel and remove/add programs remove Internet Explorer as if you try to go back it will detect a newer version and won't plaY - IE6 is available from various web pages as a free download just use a search engine. IE7 was specifically designed for Windows XP/Vista and has caused numerous problems with other non Microsoft programs and Servers - I believe updates are now on the Microsoft Updates page. I prefer Firefox myself.
    PRAETORIAN

Tides, you could do a System Restore to a point/date before you installed IE7, if you have that facility.

Tried this and still don't seem to have a link, unless I'm going blind in my old age
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I like the easy magnify tool.

Thanks, Wicker - worked a treat. Don't know how I missed that.