Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Wick High School, Primary Schools, Community Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by onespace View Post
    You don't say!

And as for the Thurso High story, that came from a discussion while I was getting my tickets for the dance returned.
    Really. Im intrigued on this one.

It's a HERE WE GO AGAIN with another council contract ,as in the past we will do in the future, isn't it about time that someone (or more) are held to account . Time after time we see the org FULL for the lies spouted by the folk that have put themselves on pedestals ,reaped the rewards and delivered nothing or even less an nothing . Failure should lead to the job center as it does in the real world.

Then don't vote for these wasters. Or at least you ensure you vote for someone else. The only reason these people stand for these positions is because they can't do anything else. No-one else will touch them. And anyone with any real capabilities is too busy earning an honest living to get involved.

Then don't vote for these wasters. Or at least you ensure you vote for someone else. The only reason these people stand for these positions is because they can't do anything else. No-one else will touch them. And anyone with any real capabilities is too busy earning an honest living to get involved.
    I think that is quite a sweeping statement.

So if everyone is too busy earning a decent living then who will be there in Highland Council for the local community. Accepted there are differing standards of commitment and service from our Councillors and anyone who knows me knows I don't shrink from challenging them however they have at least put themselves out there for the position. I don't see a lot of the keyboard warriors throwing their hats in the ring come election time. True if you don't agree with how they have or have not performed vote them out but who on earth will you put in according to what you have just said only folk who can do nothing else stand for these positions not exactly an encouraging statement for fresh blood.

And as for the Thurso High story, that came from a discussion while I was getting my tickets for the dance returned.

I meant to ask was it a case of not only were they handing you back your ticket saying sorry the dance cant go ahead they were telling you that folk were telling them they are looking at putting their kids to Thurso ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    So if everyone is too busy earning a decent living then who will be there in Highland Council for the local community
    Councillors aren't looking out for the community as it is - if they were, we wouldn't have this (and so many more) farce. So better not to have them at all. Some of the current wasters were involved in the Pultney heating system - didn't see anyone learn a lesson from that.

Having just finished working with one Councillor in particular on something I have to beg to differ with you on this one. Endless emails, telephone calls and debates I can assure you they worked their socks of to highlight a cut that was being proposed by Highland Council for some extremely vulnerable members of our Community. Can I also add that some of the current Councillors were NOT involved in the Pulteney Heating system.

Only because it allowed them to get some press coverage and antagonise a political opponent.

Only because it allowed them to get some press coverage and antagonise a political opponent.
    Here have this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spoon.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	31026
    You obviously just want to stir things up. The school the kids going to another school and that last comment is pure tripe you truly haven't got a Scoobie. Your just taking out your spoon stirring up and winding up, crack on. Keep making it up as you type.
    Last edited by Alice in Blunderland; 01-Nov-16 at 18:37.

Default Wick Community Campus Pool Availability

For those of you who expressed concern as to availability of the new Campus Pool, the timetable will be as existing ( with minor tweaking i'm sure ) once handed over to Highland Council.

https://www.highlifehighland.com/wic...s-holidays.pdf

regards
    I kent his faither

I have been following some of these threads , and the issue of 'price over runs and delays' on buildings, is the same wherever you go.
    We can all have our own thoughts on how our Councillors perform, some good, some not so good...One cannot slag them all for doing what they do.
    First there is a learning curve, and then they must make decisions with the tools they are given.
    Yes, more expertise would be great but most positions don't pay that well, thus one either has to have a part time person or someone who perhaps does not have much experience.
    Usually we get what we pay for. And mistakes are made...........that is how it is.......
    Perhaps contractors should be penalized for cost over runs or late completion (which occurs in some areas and Countries), but with the inclement weather in place like the North of Scotland would that be reasonable?...
    I guess all one can do is learn from the past.....altho' it does seem to be consistent with you.....

Wick High School & Community Campus was handed over to Highland Council last week. snagging and defect rectification are ongoing. Safe Routes To Schools 20mph limits have been advertised in John O Groat Journal for comments/ objections. Contact Wick Service Point. Stakeholder meeting for the Noss and Community Facility is next week. Any queries or concerns please PM me
    I kent his faither

Your Chance To See Round The New Wick High School

Wick High School are hosting an Open event for Public and Parents on Saturday 20th May from 10 am until 1 pm.
    Everyone will be most welcome to come and look round the New School.

Default Community Campus User Issues

Anyone with issues on the new State of the Art Facilities facilities now that its been open a couple of months please contact me and we'll bring them to the attention of the Project Team & appropriate Stakeholders

regards
    I kent his faither

Now the school has opened we will shortly unstick the thread.

Here are links to the photos
    Construction - http://www.caithness.org/atoz/wick/p...ry=107&start=0

Inside the new Wick High http://www.caithness.org/atoz/wick/p...hp?gallery=111

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345