Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Flying Jacob (Chicken)

Default Flying Jacob (Chicken)

This is a tasty chicken recipe that I've passed on to a few friends and they all have enjoyed it so I thought I'd share it with you Orgers out there!

Oven temp 225c (fan oven reduce to 200)

1 Roasted chicken - I use Lidls, any cooked/grilled chicken will do (filets, gujons etc)
    1 tsp Italian mixed spices (oregano, garlic etc)
    2 bananas (not too ripe)
    200 mls whipping cream
    100 mls creme fraische
    100 mls chillisauce (Heinz chilli ketchup is perfect or just use ketchup for a milder taste)
    1 packet bacon about 100gr
    Handfull of peanuts

Chop/slice bacon into small pieces and fry - set aside.
    Bone chicken and cut into bitesize peices and place in ovenproof dish (small enough to fit a good layer of chicken). Sprinkle over spices. Slice bananas and put on top.
    Whip cream and stir in creme fraische and sauce/ketchup and spread on top. Sprinkle over bacon and peanuts.
    Oven about 20 - 30 mins. Until slightly browned on top.
    Serves 4
    Nice with rice.
    The bacon, nuts and bananas can be omitted of course but they do add a bit of extra flavour.
    The cream does not need to be whipped.

YUMMY!

Always looking for something a "bit different" for dinner.

That sounds really unusual, but very nice too. Will certainly give it a try when OH comes home ! Cheers for that Ballymore !

i read this earlier today so thought id try it for myself and my partner after the kids were in bed. my partner loved it i thought it was nice but not my kind of food. my partner didnt believe me when i told him what was cooked with the chicken.lol.

Nice to get postitive feedback - thanks. Will put on a few more "bit different" recipes later.