Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Fire in the sky.

Default Fire in the sky.

Red aurora over Sinclairs Bay taken last night (19.09.12) .

Edit:
    Here is a link to short time lapse from that night: http://youtu.be/lHpveasxxl0
    Last edited by Timber-TEC; 20-Sep-12 at 18:17.
    Regards
    Maciek

Absolutely stunning image Maciek - fabulous colours. It seemed to be cloudy every time I looked outside - I wish I'd seen it. I must keep a better lookout the next two nights as the solar wind continues to buffet the Earth. Maybe we'll get to see some at the CAG event on Friday?

Thanks Gordon. Yes we can be lucky at Friday as there is some forecast for aurora and also for reasons not known to scientists at equinoxes periods aurora displays are more frequent.
    Regards
    Maciek

Absolutely fantastic shot, and cracking time lapse.
    www.flickr.com/photos/wicker05

The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.

Thanks.
    Visit Scotland shares my time lapse today on their FB page, I have been also approched be TV station from Minessota (USA) about broadcasting 30 sec. of my timelapse, I think it's good publicity for Caithness.
    Regards
    Maciek