Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Help please

Default Help please

Hello i was wondering if anyone knew of any premises available in Thurso for hiring that would meet these requirements. e.g Church halls

Hiring available on a Thursday night for about 2 hours
    Clean and warm
    Easy parking
    Seat about 50 people
    Easy access (no big stairs ect)

Any help or ideas would be appreciated Thank you

Thurso Club on Janet Street perhaps?
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

I know the Thurso Club wont do it as i had planned my wedding dance there but due to them having bingo that night they said they wouldnt do it! If its for next thursday the legion is out of bounds too, But maybe the park hotel or pentland hotel, or have you tried y-not

thank you will try them

would the salvation army let you use their hall? or the scrabster hall?

salvation army hall and janet street club are all out of bounds for Thursday night. I think the legion has bingo and things on in there 2 on a Thursday! is it just the hall and the bar that is in the legion or is there other rooms does anyone know? Scrabster hall i could maybe think about it might be a bit far out for ppl that don't drive. Thank u for your suggestions thou

Kim at the Blue Door cafe on the caravan park sometimes opens for evening events. You can contact her via facebook or pop down and see her Friday 10am-2pm and 5 - 8pm or Saturday 10am-2pm.

Hope you find somewhere.

thanks poppett. Somebody else suggested there in a PM is it the cafe she rents out or is there another room? thanks am sure something will turn up

try ormlie lodge club speak to jackie disbury manageress

thanks k88ven

Free Church opp the swimming pool in Thurso have a hall. Sea Cadets Sir Archibald road Thurso (spelling is prob wrong lol)
    Last edited by rich62_uk; 13-Sep-12 at 16:00.

what about the pentland hotel

Quote Originally Posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
    salvation army hall and janet street club are all out of bounds for Thursday night. I think the legion has bingo and things on in there 2 on a Thursday! is it just the hall and the bar that is in the legion or is there other rooms does anyone know? Scrabster hall i could maybe think about it might be a bit far out for ppl that don't drive. Thank u for your suggestions thou
    Bingo in the legion is on a wednesday and sunday but next thursday i have the hall booked for my wedding dance, and i am lucky to even get it cause pipeband goes in to practise on a thursday

also it is just the hall and the bars and the snooker rooms that the legion has

The Pentland is a no go have tried already oh and thanks about the free church i didn't realise they had a hall i will inquire thank you

youth club

thanks for that Tennents

thanks for that Tennents
    Your welcome, i wouldnt have known unless i didnt have the legion booked for next week lol,

Have you tried Ormlie Community Association? Not sure what rooms they have, but might be worth a try.

It`s the cafe Kim has at the blue door, but quite spacious, clean facilities, comfy seats, and plenty of parking space.