Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: asda food deliveries for thurso

Default asda food deliveries for thurso

the first asda food delivery for thurso happened today at scrabster harbour this afternoon and not before time. Many thanks to those involved in making it happen, long may it continue.

can you tell me more, how where when etc

I have just put the Scrabster Harbour postcode into the delivery checker on the Asda website, and got this message -
    Sorry

We don't deliver to KW14 7UJ at the moment.

So, how did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by madhatters View Post
    the first asda food delivery for thurso happened today at scrabster harbour this afternoon and not before time. Many thanks to those involved in making it happen, long may it continue.
    You mean that ASDA Delivered to Scrabster all the way from Inverness! Not that I dont believe you its just that it would cost them more for the delivery that what you paid for the Goods.

So please tell us all exactly how you managed this feat and how much it cost for the delivery from Inverness.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I emailed them to ask if they'd deliver to KW14 and they said they had no plans at the moment to do so.
    As one door shuts, another one slams in your face.

Nah...., just another unsubstantiated rumour started by a troll with nothing better in their sad life.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

the first asda food delivery for thurso happened today at scrabster harbour this afternoon and not before time.
    That's nothing, Fortnum and Mason hand-delivered a bacon roll to me in Wick! Just had to ask nicely...

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    That's nothing, Fortnum and Mason hand-delivered a bacon roll to me in Wick! Just had to ask nicely...
    Last time I did that I had to send it back 'cos they forgot the Brown sauce. Dashed poor service, what!
    Maya Angelou

firstly a reply to Gronnuck, I suggest that comment was about yourself as if not maybe it should be, IT IS NOT a rumour and to comment like that really, do you not have manners or respect!

you will not get food delivered by asda themselves however when Tain Asda opens on Oct 22nd, it is something they hope to look at.

Asda food was delivered to me by my contacting a very kind man at a Haulage company and he very kindly put my delivery on his wagon to come up here. It was very reasonable cost and the service was fantastic, ordered and up here on the same day. Anybody with anything decent to say can pm for details and I will be more than happy to help you get asda food up here.

firstly a reply to Gronnuck, I suggest that comment was about yourself as if not maybe it should be, IT IS NOT a rumour and to comment like that really, do you not have manners or respect!

you will not get food delivered by asda themselves however when Tain Asda opens on Oct 22nd, it is something they hope to look at.

Asda food was delivered to me by my contacting a very kind man at a Haulage company and he very kindly put my delivery on his wagon to come up here. It was very reasonable cost and the service was fantastic, ordered and up here on the same day. Anybody with anything decent to say can pm for details and I will be more than happy to help you get asda food up here.
    And if you had explained that in the first place it would have made more sense.

As has been said if you had explained the process in your original post it might not have been seen as the wind-up it appeared. You might have had the good manners to offer a clear explanation in the first place which would have encouraged a more respectful response. The purpose of the Org. forums is the sharing of information through communication. If it's done clearly it's a useful asset; if it's done badly it's as much use as a thumb on a dolphin.
    Maya Angelou

I bet you didnt get to taste any of their frozen food!!!

apologies for that not really used this much before, however not really any need for the negative and rude posts, clearly people just do not know how to be polite or that manners do not cost anything.

Yes got to taste frozen stuff, have freezer, fridge and stocked cupboards full so it can be done, just took alittle hard work and somebody who was determined enough.

Any genuine enquiries for help getting asda food still welcome, negative posts not reallya good use of the org is it?

apologies for that not really used this much before, however not really any need for the negative and rude posts, clearly people just do not know how to be polite or that manners do not cost anything.

Yes got to taste frozen stuff, have freezer, fridge and stocked cupboards full so it can be done, just took alittle hard work and somebody who was determined enough.

Any genuine enquiries for help getting asda food still welcome, negative posts not reallya good use of the org is it?
    So your Carrier has facilities for storing frozen food all the way from Asda?
    I am impressed !!!

C3.

Is Asda food really that good that you'd go to all that effort, spending time and money? Not meaning to be cheeky just don't understand what's so wrong with the retailers that are on your door step.

Still not enough Information.

You claim and I quote you "It was very reasonable cost" but you neglet to say what this is. A Reasonable Cost is very Subjective so exactly how much did you get charged for this delivery and to bring it into context how much was your spend at ASDA. Also how long from the actual time order placed to the actual Delivery did you have to wait.

Total Spend, Delivery Charge and Delivery Time must be in the equation before a Judgement of a Reasonable cost can be made.

Sounds like far too much trouble and effort just to get a shop from ASDA who are no better than any other Supermarket. I think I will stick to Tesco as least you can see what you are getting and have the facility of easy returns if anything goes wrong with your delivery. I doubt you would be able to return anything to ASDA if it was on an order delivered by a outside haulage contractor.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

So, what you are saying then, is, you gave this kind man at the haulage company your shopping list, he then went to his local Asda's did your shopping for you, and brought it all the way up here to you? Is that right ? Now, not once have I been rude to you, yet three posts on, and you are still not explaining exactly how it worked. It was you that posted how great it was that Asda is now delivering here, which Asda themselves have denied by phone and e mail. And just because you have not used the forums much before, what excuse is that ? you know how to write, so you could have avoided the negative comments, by just explaining yourself properly in the first place.

As I see it this Asda thing is a bucket o' nails. There are perfectly good sources hereabouts; we've got a choice of fresh meat from great butchers, lots of fresh veggies, eggs aplenty and Tescos and the Co-op for anything else. OK it would be nice if we had another major food retailer this far north for competition but it is never going to happen. We don't desperately need Asda; most people choosing to live in Caithness are perfectly able to innovate, adapt and overcome, nae bother.
    Maya Angelou

Luckily down here in Auld Reekie I am spoiled for choice for Supermarkets, I have Tesco & Sainsburys close by, Morrisions a wee bit further away and I have Asda as well. I do not stick to the one store, I use a web site Mysupermarket.com to compare the price before I go shopping. to be perfectly honest, Asda is only used because I can get my Bacardi and wine cheaper there.
    Their in house ready meals are not the best, but their clothing has a few bargains, I can understand that the Orgers would like an Asda store in Caithness, I would suggest you campaign to get a Morrisons, far superiour quallity food stuffs IMO
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Luckily down here in Auld Reekie I am spoiled for choice for Supermarkets, I have Tesco & Sainsburys close by, Morrisions a wee bit further away and I have Asda as well. I do not stick to the one store, I use a web site Mysupermarket.com to compare the price before I go shopping. to be perfectly honest, Asda is only used because I can get my Bacardi and wine cheaper there.
    Their in house ready meals are not the best, but their clothing has a few bargains, I can understand that the Orgers would like an Asda store in Caithness, I would suggest you campaign to get a Morrisons, far superiour quallity food stuffs IMO
    Oh golach I remember it well. You didn't mention Waitrose or Marks and Spencer. I use to like many of M&S ready meals; pricey but good for the occasional treat.
    Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast