Recruiting sergeant will host Facebook chat
WITH just one week left until the deadline for officer applications for Northern Constabulary, police are hosting an online chat to answer questions from applicants.
The chat will take place on Wednesday 12th September, between 18:00-19:00 hours on Facebook will be hosted by Sergeant Gary McCarthy, Recruitment Co-ordinator for Northern Constabulary.
This opportunity to link directly with a police officer and ask any last minute questions before submitting an application is one of a series of such sessions. Previous Facebook chats have been well received, and have covered topics including issues affecting young people, driver behaviour and general road safety issues, internet safety and Island Policing and the issue of drugs in remote communities.
Sergeant Gary McCarthy said: "I am delighted to be involved in the next Facebook chat and hope that it will help those applying in answering some last minute questions before the deadline next Friday. When I applied there was not as much direct contact with those involved in the recruitment process as there is now and I hope applicants will use this opportunity to have all their questions answered, no matter how small they may seem.
Sgt McCarthy added: "In the meantime, I would like to remind everyone who is thinking of applying that many queries that have asked are answered in our FAQ section of our recruitment website, so it may be an idea to have a look in that section before completing your application.�
Applications and information, including the FAQ's, can be seen at http://www.northernconstabularycareers.co.uk/ and all applications must be received by 5pm on Friday 14th September to Human Resources Service Unit, Force HQ, Old Perth Road, Inverness, IV2 3SY.