Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Heavy Metal Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Heavy Metal Discussion

I did a search to see if there was a discussion thread for Metal, but could not find anything specific. So this can be used to discuss all categories of Metal, any bands you are playing in. Metal gigs you have been too, to give it a broad base for discussion.

I play Bass in my own experimental Folk Black Metal project, using bass and a Bodhran been working on songs over the last three years.
    "Or perhaps they had invisible writing unknown to ordinary trolls"

Just curious, what are your thoughts on the new Testament and In This Moment albums?

:O)

"Life's a journey, not a destination"

Have not yet heard the new Testament album, And in This Moment I do like Testament think they are a great band. I remember them reforming a few years back, I have The Metal Hammer DVD Golden Gods awards. And they played a couple of songs that were very good.

The most recent album I bought was Crimfall The Writ of Sword, they are from Finland and mix Metal with Folk. They are Magnificent the music is of the highest quality!
    Have you heard of them?

I haven't heard of Crimfall, many thanks for the heads up on them. That's the best thing about music though, is that there are constantly new bands being formed and new ones that have been going for ages that you just don't get to hear about.

Have you heard of Eluveitie? An interesting Heavy Metal band who adopt some folk influences. :O)

Yes I have heard of Eluveitie, However I have not yet heard them. Read interviews and stuff must get round to hearing them! What about Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Ensiferum & Battlelore all great bands that have folky influences.

I'm familiar with Korpiklaani, Ensiferum & Battlelore but not Finntroll. Thanks for sharing.

Found an interesting compilation online that you may or may not find interesting, will send you the link...