Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J.Fats Band

Default J.Fats Band

J.Fats Band are playing in the Blackstairs, Wick on Friday 8th December and the Newmarket Bar, Thurso on the 10th. Y'all come.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

what's the start time for each gig? missed the majority of the newmarket gig last time.

Any dates nearer Xmas, Gleber2? I'm only in town as long as James Bond would be, and would love to catch a show.

www.myspace.com/jamesbrownisannie

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    what's the start time for each gig? missed the majority of the newmarket gig last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Any dates nearer Xmas, Gleber2? I'm only in town as long as James Bond would be, and would love to catch a show.

www.myspace.com/jamesbrownisannie
    Moncur, Friday is a 9.30 start and Sunday from 4 onwards as long as I can still stand.

Pepsi, Christmas eve in the Newmarket. Afternoon until whatever. Sutherland and Son are in the Grove on Mad Friday. I guess I have always been a bit masochistic. Back Bridge Street Club on the 23rd December for a free dance.
    So you have no excuse Pepsi. See you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Moncur, Friday is a 9.30 start and Sunday from 4 onwards as long as I can still stand.

Pepsi, Christmas eve in the Newmarket. Afternoon until whatever. Sutherland and Son are in the Grove on Mad Friday. I guess I have always been a bit masochistic. Back Bridge Street Club on the 23rd December for a free dance.
    So you have no excuse Pepsi. See you.
    Glutton for punishment there, Gleebsy. Still, I'll be there with bells on. D'ye ken any Little Feat songs I can sit in with you on? ;-)

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Glutton for punishment there, Gleebsy. Still, I'll be there with bells on. D'ye ken any Little Feat songs I can sit in with you on? ;-)
    hey we're not having the likes of ye on stage wi us I mean you have to be a chancer of the highest order to be on stage with us. Guess you'll have no probs then mwahaha

nah G2 does a mean version of willin' & I can get my croak around Dixie Chicken

I used to do Tripe Face Boogie but it's a nightmare of a toon

haha look forward to seeing ya Pepsi, are you coming with....erm......shwing shwing.......what's her name???? I've forgotten, to much tea (obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    I mean you have to be a chancer of the highest order to be on stage with us.
    (obviously)

????

am i a so called chancer too! hee hee
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy View Post
    ????

am i a so called chancer too! hee hee
    Thats the best way to be. Duress consists of only Ben and Dave. Me and bones just turn up with guitars and amps in the hope of being mistaken for band members.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    Thats the best way to be. Duress consists of only Ben and Dave. Me and bones just turn up with guitars and amps in the hope of being mistaken for band members.
    Why on earth would you want to be mistaken as associating with ben?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Plastic_Food View Post
    Are Duress and, er, er, Hatemachine hijacking my thread?

Magnus Flaws Guest

Glad to see your still at it Johny(playing I mean), found the running list for the Garrison Concert, does the world really need to know what we played?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Flaws View Post
    Glad to see your still at it Johny(playing I mean), found the running list for the Garrison Concert, does the world really need to know what we played?
    crivvens spill the beans Magnus

I'll put money on it we still do a fair number of the songs on the list

I still sweat more backing "The Fats" than anybody I've ever worked with, was he the same in the prehistoric days?? I'll bet he was

LMAO take care Magnus

"son of Fats"

Yes we do! Spill beans please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Plastic_Food View Post

haha

he does just hang around doesn't he, with everyone wondering who he is

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Are Duress and, er, er, Hatemachine hijacking my thread?
    Yes, G2, I think that you can consider your thread hijacked.

Remember playing with Rod Stewart in the Town hall? I asked him if he recalled the gig and he replied" Oh yes, twenty people and fifteen pissed". It is hard to take in that that was 43 years ago.
    The Garrison playlist!!!! What a squirrel you must be. I can recall a few of the songs but not many. Reveal all, I don't care.
    Of course I'm still playing. What else is there to do at my age!!!!and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    hey we're not having the likes of ye on stage wi us I mean you have to be a chancer of the highest order to be on stage with us. Guess you'll have no probs then mwahaha

nah G2 does a mean version of willin' & I can get my croak around Dixie Chicken

I used to do Tripe Face Boogie but it's a nightmare of a toon

haha look forward to seeing ya Pepsi, are you coming with....erm......shwing shwing.......what's her name???? I've forgotten, to much tea (obviously)
    Sadly Julie (from Philly) won't be making the trip north, Chobbers. She was over here (again) recently, but due to being up to my oxters in work, we couldn't make it up north. She did wish to come back and visit the Head, however. One day...

Been listening the feets off of Little Feat recently. From Gringo to Texas Twister, from Strawberry Flats to George's Find A River, seems I can't get enough of Barerre and co.

Have since bought a new guitar - finally! (a Mexican black and white tele) - and a new amplifier - finally! (Fender Twin) - so if you have a tune in mind I could sit-in on, it'd be much obliged. I'll have the new axe up with me, and, yes, ready to grind out any country-funk number you have in mind. Cissy Strut (Meters)? The Girl I Love With The Long Black Wavy Hair? (Led Zep)? Right Place Wrong Time (Dr John)? Just thought I'd demonstrate my audacity.

Can't wait to see the J. Fats band back in action. Last time I saw the full outfit in full flow was in the Coral Lounge, Hendrix's Stone Free being stripped down and fattened back up, so to speak. Maybe I can fix a live review for yez? I'll try and arrange it...

TPC

Been listening the feets off of Little Feat recently. From Gringo to Texas Twister, from Strawberry Flats to George's Find A River, seems I can't get enough of Barerre and co.

Have since bought a new guitar - finally! (a Mexican black and white tele) - and a new amplifier - finally! (Fender Twin) - so if you have a tune in mind I could sit-in on, it'd be much obliged. I'll have the new axe up with me, and, yes, ready to grind out any country-funk number you have in mind. Cissy Strut (Meters)? The Girl I Love With The Long Black Wavy Hair? (Led Zep)? Right Place Wrong Time (Dr John)? Just thought I'd demonstrate my audacity.

Can't wait to see the J. Fats band back in action. Last time I saw the full outfit in full flow was in the Coral Lounge, Hendrix's Stone Free being stripped down and fattened back up, so to speak. Maybe I can fix a live review for yez? I'll try and arrange it...

TPC
    I never even played on Stonefree!!!! I reckon a sit-in would be on the cards.
    Seems like a long time ago that we played in the Coral. Different band in many respects. Like the changes though.
    Don't forget folks, all paths lead to the Blackstairs tomorrow and the Newmarket on Sunday.

why would anyone want to hang with me, cause im ace, i make all these bands what they are, everyone wants me, look at me, im ACE, haha

hijacking the thread, oh no no, maybe until i arrived, now your thread is a MUST READ
    "The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

I saw Reev's name & just had to read this thread.....

I played Stone Free, Twas me all me I'm the one you want. I recall playing it on a vester tele with kent armstrong pickuperators on id'

man the Coral was a drag of a gig to set up in BLEH. Only good thing was rattling Dougie Budge's ornaments off the wall next door

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast