Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Trees

Quote Originally Posted by henry20 View Post
    More to the point, what price will they be??
    Still waiting.
    Fran what price are these trees?

Quote Originally Posted by angela5 View Post
    Still waiting.
    Fran what price are these trees?

lol she may not have the time to tell you that bit

Never too busy to help a friend or an orger. Angela5 ....sorry not sure of the price. i think there is an advert in the Groat . It is Raymond Harper and his son who are selling and delivering them
    Last edited by Fran; 05-Dec-06 at 16:13.

so i take it mr harper and son will be makeing a profit from the sale of these tree's? and if that's the case,this thread should be in the for sale section and not in the general section?

Talking loveliest Christmas trees......

Hi

Just wanted to tell you all that i have just been to Pultneytown Garden Centre and have bought the lovliest tree i've seen in a very long time...perfect proportion....lovely pine that sheds very little..if at all...small to large size....the biggest being about 7foot only £21, the same trees in homebase are £30 for about 5foot. I recommend you go and have a look if you want the perfect tree. They were so lovely that we got the biggest size even though it means moving furniture around..lol

cheers

I went down to look at trees outside Woodbees in Thurso today, not to say I wasnt really impressed. They looked a bit wilted. Some looked really good though!
    It was £21 fir a 5foot and £23 for a 6foot.
    Is this a reasonable price or not? I have not a clue!! Will probably pop through to Wick at the weekend and see the ones through there, someone did tell me that the hombase ones are a bit OTT in price!!
    Never frown, cos you never know who will fall in love with your smile!

They are extortionate prices. Only trees I have heard of for sale range from £10-12!!!

We got ours from the Castletown garden centre last year, lovely looking tree, very little needle drop and smelled lovely when I burnt it on the fire in the new year
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    We got ours from the Castletown garden centre last year, lovely looking tree, very little needle drop and smelled lovely when I burnt it on the fire in the new year
    You could pick up one for us in your lovely big car!!!
    I dont want to get mine dirty....lol!!!
    We will give it to you afterwards for firewood!!

I think we paid around £25 for an 8ft tree last year, and it was delivered to our door so no hassles trying to arrange a pick-up. That was from the folks that sell outside Somerfields. Haven't got my tree yet as MrBurd is working days at the mo, but he's off this weekend - I've already re-arranged the furniture in anticipation !
    WeeBurd.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBurd View Post
    I think we paid around £25 for an 8ft tree last year, and it was delivered to our door so no hassles trying to arrange a pick-up. That was from the folks that sell outside Somerfields. Haven't got my tree yet as MrBurd is working days at the mo, but he's off this weekend - I've already re-arranged the furniture in anticipation !
    You have to give the men some hints!!
    Will that be enough though....LOL!!

Got one of those outdoor jobs from Lidl, not bad for £9.99 and looks great at night out in the garden.... shame I never look out into the garden at night, oh well the sheep will appreciate it

As far as I can tell, no-one is advertising their own business here. The two Christmas-tree threads have been merged, and they have a happy new home here in Recommendations.

If you're worried about needle retention, I would suggest either a Nordman Fir or a Noble Fir. In my experience, both retain their needles far better than the traditional Christmas tree - which I think is the Norway Spruce, but I'm really not sure...

What happened to the days when folk went out to the forest and borrowed their own tree?
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by saffy100 View Post
    Hi

Pultneytown Garden Centre Christmas trees
    the biggest being about 7foot only £21,
    Allan's of Gillock is much cheaper than that.

We paid £20 for ours from somerfeilds last year and it lasted under a fortnight....Not good...did get a 6ft one from outside fishing shop by the old music shop(Thurso) for £10 once and it lasted really well....do they still sell them there????

Default christmas trees

I was merely mentioning that they are very pretty trees and a lot cheeper than homebase...or a lot of other places for that particular type of tree....there are of course lots of places that are cheeper for different types.

This is the nicest , healthiest, christmas tree shaped..tree i have ever had, just wanted to share that.

Default Artifical tree

I see Argos has a 6ft ready to use Tree Including 60 lights and 75 decorations for only £29.99.

Smile re-real christmas tree

hi there,
    we have bought 2 real christmas trees for house from the garage at watten for past several years and they have lasted brilliantly.

we buy them either from garage direct or from them when they are down at the market square -they deliver too.

would recommend -sorry i don't know the name of the people but its the garage in watten

hope this helps
    mo

Finally made up my mind of where to get the tree from.
    Noticed in the John O Groat Journal that the Caithness Rugby club was selling trees, any size for £15. So we are getting a 7 foot tree. Ordered it last night and should arrive tomorrow.

Just happy to help a local club that are using it to raise funds!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast