Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Trees

Default Christmas Trees

Christmas trees, all shapes and sizes, all one price will be on sale in Safeway car park this Saturday and Sunday from 9am till late, in wick, so get your christmas tree there at the weekend.

Wreaths also available.

There was xmas trees for sale at coop on saturday just past, Is it the same people selling them?

Sorry , but i won't be bying my christmas tree at somerfeilds this year , the one i got there last year was put up fortnight before christmas and was dead before christmas day..it looked so bad it came down on boxing day ...has put me off real trees but hubby insists we are still getting a real one so will be trying to find one that will last better this year

So much for if its cut after the first frost it will last better !!!

In order to keep the needles on a tree, you should not buy ones on a wooden stand. You can buy a metal stand for them that has a container for the base of tree and can be filled with water. This keeps the tree moist and stops the needles falling. Sorry, can't remember where I bought my base from but it was about £10-13. Looks lovely too.

I know the Castletown garden centre had the stands you are talking about last year cos that's where I got mine from
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

while a real xmas tree is lovely i just use the artificial one. dont really have the room in the living room for a real one but my fake one looks fine when its decorated.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by henry20 View Post
    In order to keep the needles on a tree, you should not buy ones on a wooden stand. You can buy a metal stand for them that has a container for the base of tree and can be filled with water. This keeps the tree moist and stops the needles falling. Sorry, can't remember where I bought my base from but it was about £10-13. Looks lovely too.
    I have one of those stands never made much difference to my tree's, for 3 years i kept trying the real tree's but they were all brown and needleless before christmas day. I think if your room is too warm this doesn't help them either, but no way was i going to be cold for the sake of a tree.

If you want my stand mums angels you are more than welcome to it.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I know the Castletown garden centre had the stands you are talking about last year cos that's where I got mine from
    Ah, thats right, mine was from the garden centre at glengolly! Bought one for my friend too.

Angela5 - maybe thats where I've gone wrong, I'm too mean to put the heating on, so my tree lasts fine!

krieve Guest

I still can't get in the christmas mood yet

Quote Originally Posted by krieve View Post
    Nor can I don't think its cold enough yet. When its frosty it feel more christmas like.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Quote Originally Posted by krieve View Post
    I know what you saying - me neither.

Kids keep asking to put up decs but im delaying it so far.

[quote=Fran;167392]Christmas trees, all shapes and sizes, all one price will be on sale in Safeway car park this Saturday and Sunday from 9am till late, in wick, so get your christmas tree there at the weekend.

Wreaths also available.

trying to promote one of your sidelines lol?

[quote=Mr & Mrs Billy Boy;167522]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post

As if she would.

More to the point, what price will they be??

thats what i am wondering.. *grins* whats the price?
    http://itqueries.com/

I havent had a real tree for about 5 years, what is this base you are talking about? I thought these were about £25. Would a bucket of compost and water not do??
    I really want a real tree this year but unsure of best place to get one.
    It will be going into the conservatory which doesnt exactly store the heat so is a wee bit chilly in there anyway, does this help the tree to survive better?
    Any info back would be grateful so I can get my real tree!!

Thanks!
    Never frown, cos you never know who will fall in love with your smile!

Quote Originally Posted by mums angels View Post
    Sorry , but i won't be bying my christmas tree at somerfeilds this year , the one i got there last year was put up fortnight before christmas and was dead before christmas day..it looked so bad it came down on boxing day ...has put me off real trees but hubby insists we are still getting a real one so will be trying to find one that will last better this year

So much for if its cut after the first frost it will last better !!!
    The solution would be , balaclavas ,a saw, a van & a good excuse if you get caught by the farmer. Ive got a fibre optic tree but for those that prefer organic trees..........

[quote=Mr & Mrs Billy Boy;167522]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Christmas trees, all shapes and sizes, all one price will be on sale in Safeway car park this Saturday and Sunday from 9am till late, in wick, so get your christmas tree there at the weekend.

Wreaths also available.

Nothing to do with me........I was just asked to put it on caithness org.
    Sidelines???? I'm too busy to have sidelines.

Before buying a real christmas tree, ask if they are treated. They needles don't fall off if they have and will last longer. Well thats the plan anyway!

[quote=Fran;167710]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Billy Boy View Post
    Nothing to do with me........I was just asked to put it on caithness org.
    Sidelines???? I'm too busy to have sidelines.

not to busy to do a bit of advertising on the org i see

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast