I honestly don't remember if I have asked this in the past......but if I have I don't remember the response.

I have a bit of a hobby, in that I take photos of Gravestones and upload them to my website for the benefit of those who are researching their genealogy from outside Scotland. This was not much of a problem when I was only taking photos of old stones or in the oldest parts of cemeteries, as those stones tended to date from the WWII era and earlier.

However, when I found that by wandering about picking and choosing appropriate stones, I took much longer to get less than simply by taking every stone, and, if I got back to an unfinished cemetery, I was less likely to end up with dozens of duplicates because I'd forgotten where I finished the previous time, I started taking every stone, whatever its age or legibility. When it came to uploading to the internet, I managed to pretty much convince myself that later dates, as new as the 1960s/1970s, added to old stones were not new enough to be a problem and that uploading newer stones was fine as long as there was nothing on them dating after the 1960s. Everything newer than, or old stones with newer dates at the end are in a folder for each cemetery on my hard drive.

And then I got to thinking, after I was on the GravestonePhotos site, where they have photos of stones first erected in the 21st century, that I don't think I'd be overly happy if I put my family surname, gravestones and genealogy into google, asked for images and was faced with the stone on my parents grave, used, so far between 1989 and 1999.

Given I've got about 6000 photos on my hard drive that are either online or about to be going online, and hundreds more duplicates, illegibles and stones referencing dates after the 1960s/1970s, and I really need to be rationalising them all so I can flaming well find them, if nothing else....I thought it might be an opportunity to sound out other people about what they consider the cut-off date should be for something to be considered of genealogical benefit...and given most of the newer stones are from Caithness cemeteries, I thought maybe you would be the people to ask.