Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Rock Rose - Where to find it?

Default Rock Rose - Where to find it?

Good morning all,

I am looking for Rock Rose and was told it was best to look near cliffs around august time. Has anyone spotted it anywhere?

Thanks in advance
    m

Never found one this far north and can't think of where there would be a site with the type of soil and enough warmth for them to survive but you never know!

Thanks Lizz. Fingers crossed there is a site, but if they need a bit of warmth then I doubt it!

The nearest place I know to see it is Little Rogart in Sutherland where it is on slopes by the road. It is not known in Caithness

I have seen loads of this growing on the Hoy cliffs on this side of the water. You come face to face with it as you climb down to the foot of the old man. I would say look on the cliff faces rather than around the bases and check out all the green patches you can see with bins or better still a spotting scope.
    dafsorkneybirding.blogspot.com