Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zebedy - Did you like the new snare?

Default Zebedy - Did you like the new snare?

Title says it all really.

How did it sound out front?

I was far happier!!

All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

eh?

waaaaahh?

K Dargon,
    I now understand why you have difficulties finding a drummer!!

Such constructive debate & comment!!!

Perhaps he should be a drummer

ehhh waaah!

this forum sucks, i now officially retire from this so called "musicians forum"

bunch of stuck up fools, with rubbish ideals and rubbish morals.

stuck in the seventies and eighties with disillusioned newcomers.

thats barring (killarifts, docrock, and possibly clash 67, he fights for a good cause.)

but the rest of you are bossy stuck up people. god, i dont think i have ever been so disgusted by a forum in my ENTIRE LIFE.

your either self indulgent, or so negative or selfish that well.....well im not sure where im going with this but i guess i just think you all suck.

seriously, your no help, and this is by far the worst forum ever. and i refuse to have anything to do with it. not that, it really matters but none the less its a decent declaration.

TOODLES YOU STUCK UP MUSO'S

Deemac...

Got asked why i was standing listening the band about 8 times, i said i was listening to the snare.. and they had no idea what i was on about! so they left me, watched whiskey more than i worked last night was awesome!

Jelousy would be the right way to put it!...

Sounded excellent! and i think your cymbols which u told me about in the PM are just excellent for the sound with whiskey!..

All round good job last night

and still really jelous of the snare...

Much like Chobbers i presume???

Best three snares ive heard

Deemacs - New BEAST Chad Smith Signature

Chobbersjr - REMO BEAST with the tightest skin ive ever played and sounds excellent!

David Horne - Premier Genista with a pipe band sumthin skin with never dents and great feedback from the stick with it if u know what i mean! nioce sound

But a chad smith signature

come on!?!?!

* jaw dropped *

lol
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post

thats barring (killarifts, docrock, and possibly clash 67, he fights for a good cause.)

but the rest of you are bossy stuck up people. god, i dont think i have ever been so disgusted by a forum in my ENTIRE LIFE.

your either self indulgent, or so negative or selfish that well.....well im not sure where im going with this but i guess i just think you all suck.

seriously, your no help, and this is by far the worst forum ever. and i refuse to have anything to do with it. not that, it really matters but none the less its a decent declaration.

Hurrah!!!!!

ehhh waaah!
    Descend from the innards of your own fundamental young fellow and join the world. This forum is a representation of the entire human game and sucks just as much but you're part of it too!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Does that go for my random nonsense as well

bloop bleep bloop plip plop
    "The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

And All I asked was did he like the new snare sound!!

Zebedy, thanks for your kind words. Just back from a gig in Edinburgh playing in a converted church. Woooooaaaww, has to be the WORST sounding room I've ever played in - EVER. 4 second delay at the least. (Makes Strathy hall positively tame in comparison!!).

Think of a large railway station like Glasgow Central, add a touch of Thurso Swimming pool and your not even close . . . . . . (10 times worse than the old Holburn back room - BEFORE they put fitted seating in!!!!)

Anyway, the snare did the job I'm well pleased with it. I'll now sell the 6 month old Tama snare once I think of a suitable price etc.

PS: An adult responce to poor K Dragon isn't even warrented (Eeehh . . .!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Just back from a gig in Edinburgh playing in a converted church. Woooooaaaww, has to be the WORST sounding room I've ever played in - EVER. 4 second delay at the least. (Makes Strathy hall positively tame in comparison!!)
    Ah, one of those churches that should never have been converted into a concert hall. Long and narrow, right. They weren't designed for modern bands and nothing can be done to them to make them work.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    And All I asked was did he like the new snare sound!!

Zebedy, thanks for your kind words. Just back from a gig in Edinburgh playing in a converted church. Woooooaaaww, has to be the WORST sounding room I've ever played in - EVER. 4 second delay at the least. (Makes Strathy hall positively tame in comparison!!).

Think of a large railway station like Glasgow Central, add a touch of Thurso Swimming pool and your not even close . . . . . . (10 times worse than the old Holburn back room - BEFORE they put fitted seating in!!!!)

Anyway, the snare did the job I'm well pleased with it. I'll now sell the 6 month old Tama snare once I think of a suitable price etc.

PS: An adult responce to poor K Dragon isn't even warrented (Eeehh . . .!!)
    twas like playing in a huge pot of musical soup!!!!!!

nice snare though............absolute cracker in fact. The best I ever played was a craviotto snare 14x8 & it was so so so so good to play. A press roll was like turning on a tap, no effort at all unbelieveable. The guy who has it is 56-ish with an 18 year old heart (he had a heart transplant ) & he dedicates his entire life to the world of drum since the transplant. Anyway I'm off on a tangent he payed (2nd hand) £375 for the said drum I played

& Deemac I know your grieving heavily at the retirement of senor fire breather, but don't take it to badly

over & out The "egotistical megalomaniac"

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Ah, one of those churches that should never have been converted into a concert hall. Long and narrow, right. They weren't designed for modern bands and nothing can be done to them to make them work.
    Deemac suggested the invention of an Anti-verb

yes it was long & narrow with an extrememly high ceiling. It opened up into a wider room further from the band. Not one soft surface in sight & a tiled style floor that was an absolute death trap

yeeha good fun

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Canuck,
    Your spot on. These buildings were constructed in an age where electric amplified music did not exist and were tuned to make acoustic (mainly vocal) performances sound god-like!!

I did suggested (in my famed, blunt nature!!) to one of the venue managers (who I suspect, thought I was from a different planet) many of these points and that, like the original SECC, that large drapes be hung from the ceiling to dampen down the reverb time (though it has to be said, at the detriment of the look of this fabulous venue). A wooden dance floor would also help from a dancing perspective. I'm continually amazed at how clueless supposed professional venue hosts/organisers are and no absolutely nothing about what makes for a good event experience (Entertainment choice, location of bar/toilets/food, space for dancing, lighting, access for equipment, visual sight paths for all in attendance etc. . . .).

Anyway see photo for an idea (taken from the bands view of the hall)

floor was a death trap, just perfect for high heels, dress shoes & erm........cowboy boots

say Deemac that looks incredibly like a Chad Smith sig. you've got there

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    floor was a death trap, just perfect for high heels, dress shoes & erm........cowboy boots
    Chobbers, what have i told you about wearing those high heels while gigging!!

Here's another view looking towards the band area. Spectacular or what??

you do no bad with the blouse you call a shirt

mind you you don't fall on the ol' backside wearing a blouse (I don't think) do you Deemac????

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    say Deemac that looks incredibly like a Chad Smith sig. you've got there
    Well I'll be dammed Chobbers - You may be on to something . . . . .!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast