Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a day for Team GB

Default What a day for Team GB

Well done Team GB, 3 Gold medals and 3 Silver in one day. And a few Scots in the winning teams.

Wonder if Alec Salmond tries to take credit for this.
    Last edited by golach; 02-Aug-12 at 22:21.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Thought the silver in the judo was a certain gold, but the American was better all round in the final!
    Gold and silver in the canoes
    Gold in the clays was in the bag early on but nearly lost.....

Fantastic day indeed

Today should make all Scolympians proud to be Brottish!

More Brottish medals today..........Come ON Team GB!!!

Yes, I think an Independent Scotland would be holding their own in the medals table...at least at the next Limpiks we will be able to cheer on "Team Scotland"...or "Team Alba"!!!

C3.............

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    Yes, I think an Independent Scotland would be holding their own
    C3.............
    Yes and when they stopped that, and concentrated on their events they would probably do well in the Olympics

Yes, I think an Independent Scotland would be holding their own in the medals table...at least at the next Limpiks we will be able to cheer on "Team Scotland"...or "Team Alba"!!!

C3.............
    yes but will we have to have a whip round to fund their training, kit and competing expenses

The Equestrian team are doing really well too. Silver in the Team Eventing and, fingers crossed, we'll get a place in the Team and Individual Dressage
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    More Brottish medals today..........Come ON Team GB!!!
    Why the need to PM to tell me you have me on "Ignore" Glolach? If you want to ignore me then go right ahead!

C3...............

If you want to ignore me then go right ahead!

C3...............
    Like you did with me then....oh no that's right you copied and pasted the ignore message as a reply to a post, what's the word that comes to mind ....................HYPOCRITE.........That's the one

i thought that great britain was made up of wales northen ireland scotland and england perhaps if we all pulled together without certain people going on about independant scotland and support all the gb team and be proud of what they do . It might be a better country to leave,there is to much racist all over britain . after all everyone of us contribute in making it great

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    It might be a better country to leave,there is to much racist all over britain . after all everyone of us contribute in making it great
    What has racism got to do with supporting Team GB or Team Scotland? Surely it's to do with whichever team you support?

C3...........

"Yes, I think an Independent Scotland would be holding their own in the medals table...at least at the next Limpiks we will be able to cheer on "Team Scotland"...or "Team Alba"!!! corrie3 i meant we should all pull together and support gb as a whole i have notice that lets say scotland is knocked out of something eg football the scottish would rather support france or some other nation than england , where the english would support what ever home notion was still in the game

"Yes, I think an Independent Scotland would be holding their own in the medals table...at least at the next Limpiks we will be able to cheer on "Team Scotland"...or "Team Alba"!!! corrie3 i meant we should all pull together and support gb as a whole i have notice that lets say scotland is knocked out of something eg football the scottish would rather support france or some other nation than england , where the english would support what ever home notion was still in the game
    OK, I accept that Starfish but it's not Racism is it? Scots and English are more or less the same race last I heard. You cant force 4 nations to pull together as one and that is what some are trying to do on this Forum!

C3...............

you agree thats a first. i also agree that you can not force people to get along but it would be nice instead of pushes indepenence of scotland on every thread would also be nice we all got our on thoughts on that but do not keep pushing it after all england provide a lot of employment in scotland which must be good for the ecomony

i thought that great britain was made up of wales northen ireland scotland and england perhaps if we all pulled together without certain people going on about independant scotland and support all the gb team and be proud of what they do . It might be a better country to leave,there is to much racist all over britain . after all everyone of us contribute in making it great
    Great Britain is made up of Scotland, England and Wales. Northern Ireland is added to make up the UK. I don't know why this is so and have no inclination to Google it, I'm going out for a fag now. :-)

What can I say, another great day of medals won by Team GB, makes me proud to be British!!!

Fantastic, just watched Mo

amazing - its made me teary all night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast