Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tesco - what do you recommend

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by footie chick View Post
    Love their kids jeans they have adjustable waist perfect for the beanpole lol
    I usually have bother with my 2 beanpoles so difficult to buy jeans for and wearing a belt never seems to help so the jeans are perfect.

The ryeflour it is perfect for baking bread and gives a nicer flavour than wholemeal... I was very glad to find tesco's wick carried it...

The only things i would recommend is the cheap clothing for the kids and some of the electrical items. As for the food why traipse all the way down to wick when i can get my weeky food shop in thurso. May not have the best of food ranges but the prices are about the same if not cheaper (somerfields)

Did my food shopping there then went to tescos and quite a few prices were cheaper including booze

just remember:
    cheap clothes = cheap labour!
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I'm quite fussy about tinned food and Tescos ownbrand tomato soup is better than Heinz!

i have tried the tescos own brand tomato soup on different times and 1 month it tastes really nice better than heinz but they keep changing the recipe and the ones they have just now taste awful i think anyway!

The BIG pancakes from the bakery section mmmmmmmmm. used to take them up from Inverness, now they are home still warm, the kids love them too.

Quote Originally Posted by 98elite View Post
    The BIG pancakes from the bakery section mmmmmmmmm. used to take them up from Inverness, now they are home still warm, the kids love them too.
    Yummy! i bought them this week, the best pancakes i've tasted in a long time.

Jeans are only £3 and with the 20% discount they were much cheaper. The range of food is massive, would take all morning to see it all. Today I got 6 eggs for 9p litre of milk for 24p and lots of other goodies. None of us will be able to slim now that Tesco is here.
    Photocopying is only 5p per copy.

their own make low fat yoghurt at 8p each is a real bargain. Big sized pot and tastes lovely too.
    Do though check your receipts as I was charged £1.49 for an iced biscuit on the opening day instead of 58p. Fortunately when I got home I checked my receipt and of course you get a full refund and the replacement for free.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

I was delighted to find the huge teacakes that you cannot get anywhere up here. Nice to get them again, toasted with butter, lovellllyyyyy! teacakes

Default Baby Stuff

the tescos own brand nappies are fine, and he's been busy in them this week too, crawling and filling them and they've coped well. the Pampers are a bit cheaper just now than anywhere else (Co-op, Somerfield and Superdrug)

the range of food for 7-10 months is very good as is all the baby section but the cheapest place for the jars is Superdrug unless there is an offer on that is.

the essential clothes (vests/babygros) are very cheap, 7 vests for £5. Now i do feel guilty as said before, cheap clothes = cheap labour.

Tescos' is my favourite supermarket next to Sainsburys but i do like my butcher meat from the local butchers, Sinclairs in Wick do great chickens and spicy beefburgers.

its great to see Wick buzzing with the new shops, it is a shop at the end of the day but there's a right buzz about the town the now. long may it last.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19 View Post
    12 tins Tesco coke/diet coke for £1.79

I was in tesco today and the coke has gone up by 20p since i bought it at the weekend, didnt take them long.
    I also wasnt very impressed with the bread, when i went to get some i noticed that a few of the loaves were out of date by 2 days when i told one of the assistants he just stood there and waited for me to take all the out of date stuff off and give it to him, then he said ok and walked off.
    I know they are bound to expect teething problems but a little bit of courtesy goes a long way

scrapydoo Guest

I recommend hubby to take my bank card off me because I'm spending a fortune!

Id reccomend that everyone checks the dates on the food before buying them. My partner and I went shopping to Tesco last week and bought well over £100 worth of food..Bout £35 was baby food and nappies and milk. Anyway when we got home most of the things we had bought like fresh pizza and fresh burgers were dated for the following day..I was Mad that the dates werent longer, I ended up having to freeze half the things i got becoz i wasnt dated long enuff. Just a warning to yee all to watch the dates please.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewickers View Post
    The only things i would recommend is the cheap clothing for the kids and some of the electrical items. As for the food why traipse all the way down to wick when i can get my weeky food shop in thurso. May not have the best of food ranges but the prices are about the same if not cheaper (somerfields)

Did my food shopping there then went to tescos and quite a few prices were cheaper including booze
    Some prices differ considerably. I bought a block of pastry from tesco which was almost 50p cheaper in tesco compared to Somerfield and it wasn't on any special offer that I could see.

Tesco's Finest Naan Breads (round at the bakery section - in a big paper/cellophane bag) are delicious, just like the ones you get from an Indian Takeaway, much better than the usually Sharwoods/own brand packet ones.
    WeeBurd.

I got a roast chicken that they flogged off cheap last night, £1.04p! Very nice too. If everyone got one though they wouldn't be selling them that cheap, so it beggers me why I'm telling you this!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I bought their Christmas cake look delicious so had to try it......... Cant get better i don't think! It's a must have!

we had the tesco's gammon steaks but they weren't very good. quite pricy too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12