Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Pet Insurance

Default Pet Insurance

I'm looking into insuring my puppy and was wondering if anyone has any advice, good or bad on any companies they've dealt with? Thanks in advance for any help.

I know this is slightly different but I asked for advice a year or two ago about insuring my horse and got a good response - here's the thread...

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...-Pet-Insurance

Hopefully the link works!

Hi Bobbin,I use Petplan for my 3 idiotic collies. They are a very good reliable company and I ave had no problems wen dealin with any claims we have had to make. They give you a few options of how they will pay out the claim, including one direct to the vets (which I choose as its quicker and easier for me than the other options)When your choosin pet insurance make sure what cover they offer, some only offer 1 years treatment of an illnes, some offer whole life treatment. Luckily iv got all 3 of my hounds on whole life insurance as my old collie, Rosie, has a heart murmer that will need pills everyday from now on. When I phoned to tell Petplan about it they were excellent, the lassie on e phone even offered me some advise as her dog had had the same. And she told me her spatial had lived for 3 more years happily when on the pills.I hope you manage to pick an insurance company to use, and never have to use it!! :0)