Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Marine aquarium

Default Marine aquarium

Hiya, does anyone keep marine fish, if so do you have a RO system, do you get RO water from a local source or do you just use tap water.

Thanks

Sue
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Come on orgers, surely someone in Caithness has an interest in marine or reef keeping, getting desperate here
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I had a rockpool tank, i just collected sea water in 5 gallon camping water containers, one container change twice a week, it took 6 containers to fill the tank, but it was just a cold water thing, and no idea what RO stands for lol.
    i never collected the water from where fresh was mixed, i used either Castletown Harbour, Scrabster Yacht Club ramp or Dwarwick Pier.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Thanks for that Tuggs. I have decided to play on the safe side and have got a Reverse Osmosis unit from ebay.