Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Travel from wick to shebster

Default Travel from wick to shebster

hello im wondering if anyone could help me I will be starting my new job soon at baillie wind farm near shebster and I live in wick and i don't drive so does anyone know of a way to get there by bus or other means thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chef4 View Post
    hello im wondering if anyone could help me I will be starting my new job soon at baillie wind farm near shebster and I live in wick and i don't drive so does anyone know of a way to get there by bus or other means thanks.
    I'm guessing that you can't, what with the pathetic public transport up here... lol
    Can I have your job please since you can't get to it...
    Last edited by Alrock; 23-Jul-12 at 17:35.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

a bus from wick to thurso then the 940 number 73 bus to shebster should get you there for 10 ish
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Default travel

The bus passes the windfarm access road ( signposted ) just after Bridge of Westfield and about 2 miles before Shebster. The driver will know it.

There are earlier buses from Thurso, the Dounreay bus passes there around 7.30am. Not sure about the Wick to Thurso but surely there must be another Dounreay bus on that route ?

I know a lad that is also starting work there but he lives in Barrock, no idea if he will be prepared to swing round via Wick though to pick you up but if you p.m. me a contact number i'll pass it on to him

thats a fair detour, but if you got a bus to thurso he might pick you up in passing? just a thought?
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....