Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which food?

Question Which food?

I am interested to know what you all feed your pets and how they do on it?

I feed my dog Benjy on Naturediet along with carrots and tripe sticks for snacks.
    Bless him he is no bother to feed and will eat anything. Including things he shouldn't!!!!

The cats get Burns dried food but wet food is more of a problem as I try to avoid those with colourings etc and also avoid companies who test on animals. Also try to source producs where the meat isn't intensively reared.

I can get some really good food answering this description from Zooplus but the problem is my fussy lot go off things which a few days before the loved!
    Variety seems to be the key with them!
    I did like Butchers Pet Care food but can't get it locally now!

I had hoped that Pets At Home would have had the big cans of their own brand cat food as I would have liked to try them with this but they don't have it.

I know they don't need wet food but they do like it and it's handy for hiding any medication in!

So would love to hear what all your pets dine on?

Ta!

I usually give mine naturediet & butchers wet food Meg does great & has a gorgeous coat that is often commented on, Tik though is a nightmare and will go off food regularly, I stick the naturediet in the microwave for a minute so it stinks a bit which seems to help, Im sure the barf diet would suit her but im not sure where to get a constant supply over here, I sometimes get cheap mince & chicken offers in lidls which she scoffs no problem, I guess there probably spoilt but well why not

unicorn Guest

I feed my dogs on dried complete food walfcol salmon and potato as one is allergic to protein so both get same food to prevent problems. The cats are on whiskas complete and whiskas pouches but the old cat never in her life ate wet food or fish etc but when we got kitten old madam decided that she wants wet food only hmmm I tried her on tesco's pouches and she is eating them faster than the whiskas.

The Jack-russel eats dried complete a handful just before we go for a walk ( I think He thinks we may be out for the day, and it can be in the bowl all morning he won`t touch it until someone gets hold of the lead) in the evenings he`s lucky Grandma cooks fresh meat and adds a Vitamin powder every day for both the dogs and now and again the usual teeth cleaner and or titbit

Whiskas and Go Cat when they can't be bothered cooking themselves.

Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I feed my dogs on dried complete food walfcol salmon and potato due to allerge she has

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I feed my dogs on dried complete food walfcol salmon and potato as one is allergic to protein so both get same food to prevent problems. The cats are on whiskas complete and whiskas pouches but the old cat never in her life ate wet food or fish etc but when we got kitten old madam decided that she wants wet food only hmmm I tried her on tesco's pouches and she is eating them faster than the whiskas.
    Can you tell me what the Tescos pouches contain Unicorn?
    Love the old lady changing her diet!!! Ah well a change is as good as a rest!

Ta!

unicorn Guest

ok in the cod we have meat and animal derivatives cod 4% minimum minerals various sugars coloured with ec additives, tuna an trout same and salmon and prawn same but 4% salmon 4% prawn.
    we have 82% moisture 8% protein, oils and fats 5%, ash 2.5%, fibre 0.7%, vit a, vit d3, vit e, copper
    just checked the whiskas and the only difference seems to be .5% more protein and not as many vitamins just vit e
    Last edited by unicorn; 29-Nov-06 at 23:47.

unicorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by boxer View Post
    I feed my dogs on dried complete food walfcol salmon and potato due to allerge she has
    you don't have a white boxer do you?

Thumbs up Thanks Unicorn!

ok in the cod we have meat and animal derivatives cod 4% minimum minerals various sugars coloured with ec additives, tuna an trout same and salmon and prawn same but 4% salmon 4% prawn.
    we have 82% moisture 8% protein, oils and fats 5%, ash 2.5%, fibre 0.7%, vit a, vit d3, vit e, copper
    just checked the whiskas and the only difference seems to be .5% more protein and not as many vitamins just vit e
    Thanks a lot Unicorn.

I wonder what the EEC additives are?

I really wish I could get the Butchers cat food locally as it is even recommended for cats with stomatitis because it doesn't have any additives, colourings or preservatives.

I feed Arden Grange, its natural and is produced ethically They deliver too, I can give you the website addy if you like?
    Wishing on a star, still!

~~Be who you are and say what you want because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind~~

Smile

you don't have a white boxer do you?
    i sure do have a white boxer

unicorn Guest

and it sounds like you have exactly the same problems with yours as I have had with mine, Is she allergic to protein?

Quote Originally Posted by Wish View Post
    I feed Arden Grange, its natural and is produced ethically They deliver too, I can give you the website addy if you like?
    Thanks a lot Wish but I tried them with Arden Grange (which is a great food) but they prefer Burns.

It is wet food which I am having the problem with!

Smile cat food

My cats have sensitive tummys so finding a suitable wet food was a task. Finally though I have managed to find 2 brand foods that seem to agree with them - HiLife Meat(60% meat or fish), HiLife Pate selection and Natures Menu (70% meat or fish) - both stocked at Pets at Home. Various different flavours so helps to keep the moggies happy!

oh god the cats go off one thing to the other from week to week.. so what they ate last week wont touch this week.. and this week wont touch next week.. so its a case of switching around.. and trying dif. things.. finicky so and sos!
    http://itqueries.com/

Smile

B.A.R.F

Raw meat and veg, i buy it from holistic pet suppllies in halkirk, frozen in meal size pouches, you just need to add veg or fruits, my 3 dogs love it, natural good food, replicating what dogs naturally eat (not silly things like cooked chicken and rice, RICE bloats a dogs stomache and how many dogs cook?) and they thrive on it fed once a day and one day every 2 weeks with no feed, its a bit more of a chore feeding this way but i feel good knowing that i am feeding my pets the best diet i can, how would you like to eat the same dry food over and over everyday?

try it you wont go back!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynseymac View Post
    My cats have sensitive tummys so finding a suitable wet food was a task. Finally though I have managed to find 2 brand foods that seem to agree with them - HiLife Meat(60% meat or fish), HiLife Pate selection and Natures Menu (70% meat or fish) - both stocked at Pets at Home. Various different flavours so helps to keep the moggies happy!
    These are both great foods.

The problem is my fussy lot will only eat two of the Natures Menu variety and so this won't be enough as they won't eat the same food all the time!
    Also I need a food which is suitable for all ages so the Hi-Life isn't suitable.

I'm with buggyracer on this one raw meat and veg only, no processed stuff, no additives and no chemicals.

Wink

The 3 cats basically eat anything that I put in their bowls! They always have a bowl of biscuits (usually a mixture of whatever I have bought) and a few bowls of fresh water around the house. They also get a pouch/tray twice a day.

The 3 dogs get a complete food, 1 is fed on Chuddley's Sensitive the other 2 are on Chappie Original. This is the advantage of having Pets At Home, I was never able to get the Chappie Complete until they opened!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast