Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Extreme Metal

Default Extreme Metal

Any extreme metal music fans out there ? I am not talking about the big four or Iron Maiden I am going on about Death/Black Metal/Grindcore that sort of thing ? Would love to hear your taste in these genres should there be people who like that sort of thing

There are a few of us, but we like to stay underground

Why stay underground ? Is that because of personal preference or because of judgmental people criticizing your musical taste ? I listen to a lot of extremely hard to come by & controversial sounding black metal & by controversial I mean the lyrical content, to me the more raw the music is the better. But don't get me wrong I do like some death metal bands, one or two in particular. Stay metal though

Hello there what Black Metal bands do you like? I like Finntroll, Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Darkthrone, Trollheims Grott, Burzum, Thorns, Khold, Horna, I also like Ensiferum, Battlelore, Korpiklaani Moonsorrow.

I have heard of the majority of those bands but I don't listen to them as I find their lyrics to be highly offensive, well for the most part anyway. Agathothodion, Flaskavsae, Suspiria Profundis, Crimson Moonlight, Frost Like Ashes are more up my alley

What bands lyrics do you find offensive? and what is it about the lyrics that courses offence? As someone who likes Black Metal I am a little surprised
    "Or perhaps they had invisible writing unknown to ordinary trolls"

The satanism, even if it is only for shock value I don't agree with it, the black metal I listen to is all christian which you might find a joke but it is very good

The only christian Black Metal band I know of is Drottnar, have you heard them? any others you think are worth a listen?
    "Or perhaps they had invisible writing unknown to ordinary trolls"

Yes I have heard of Drottnar, not keen on them though to be honest. Suspiria Profundis is about the most extreme and harsh & Verdelger is incredibly harsh and raw if your prefer the more raw material over the better produced