I have become more and more aware that there is a lot of bands in Thurso that have found themselves without a rehearsal space since the sad demise of the Viewfirth, moves are afoot to try and secure the land at the Viewfirth to build an arts complex or similiar where there would be rehearsal space available..however that seems to be a long term plan all be it a very good one and is not yet confirmed. meanwhile there is a great need for a solution to the problem facing bands in the here and now. I have racked my brains and called numerous organisations such as local schools ,college, hotels etc. but it was not possible to secure any suitable premises, so I got to thinking that perhaps some big firm would donate a suitably sized porta cabin by way of sponsorship ,they would get advertising which would go along with any news articles about their generous gift to the arts community of Caithness, also local bands could do a once a year fundraising concert towards the upkeep of the cabin perhaps, and all promotoinal material and radio broadcasts for the concert would be credited to the company as the sponsor.
The council could be asked to donate a suitable plot for the cabin although they don't seem to be very interested in the plight of young rock groups but this would give them a chance to score some much needed brownie points.
Does anyone have any views on this, does this sound like it might work or does it sound too unlikely to ever happen?