Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16th of December...

The reason am asking, is because I was talking to Therapy? and a few other bands' tour manager a couple of months ago. He told me: so long as they could get 400 covers at, at least, £10 a pop, then, they'd be happy to go anywhere in Scotland (within reason - i.e. if it was within a 3hr distance). Therefore, it would be good if someone like yourself, whomever is promoting most shows in Inverness's Raigmore Motel, and Robert Hicks, got together and envisioned some way of taking bands of this ilk to the Far North more often. As it stands, it's a bit like an architects model: people doing the same thing, only in different places. In short, you might have to take a couple of financial risks to see if what may or may not happen. Personally I think Therapy? - giving their current status - would struggle to pull in 400 people in Thurso, but I've been proved wrong many times before. You seem a pro-active loon, Big Boss Man, I hope something comes of it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Personally I think Therapy? - giving their current status - would struggle to pull in 400 people in Thurso, comes of it for you.

Unfortunately, I think you're right!

I know that Bertie Hicks has contacted venues in Thurso previously regarding putting bands on. It's another date on their way to Orkney afterall (who seem to get the majority of the bands Beyond bring up these days). Unfortunately I think he has just stopped trying to persuade our venue owners now and am not convinced he would take the financial risk to actually hire the venue, but, there's no harm in contacting him and trying again and I might just make that a wee goal for 2007 for myself.

Personally I wouldn't take the risk as I have no financial backing, it's risky enough sorting out accomodation and travel expenses for the bands that do come up, fortunately we haven't lost out yet.

We'll just keep ploughing away at the local/highland band scene for now though until the chance arises to bring a name up who your average Joe Caithness will pay £10 to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Astronot View Post
    Tomorrow night folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    if you're clever, you might end up in Skins for just £3!
    Hows that possible? I thought Skins was only open to over 18s after the gig?
    All those teenyboppers would have to leave!

Well, down here in the Big Smoke, such things would mean that those over 18 would be given a wristband, so they could buy alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    Hows that possible? I thought Skins was only open to over 18s after the gig?
    All those teenyboppers would have to leave!
    If you come in before half 9... you'll be in Skins for £3, assuming you don't leave and you're 18 or over, you'll have gained access for £3... damn you're a silly one

Excellent night folks, thanks to everyone that turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Excellent night folks, thanks to everyone that turned up.
    It was a great gig guys. Very well supported as well.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Cheers Doc.

We had a GREAT time, both playing AND getting drunk with the other two bands afterwards.

The crowd were superb, they really got into it. Hope no-one got hurt down there? It looked crazy from where I was sitting!

Anyway, thanks to everyone that turned up, very much appreciated!

Default Any more gigs?

Have you guys got any more gigs lined up?
    Asinus asinum fricat

was a good night! enjoyed it! ... lol how many wall's of death have been featured on the Skins dance floor!?
    I liked Strong like Ox .... a wide sound to them - kinda reminded me of Tool. couldnt really hear vocals tho.
    www.pearlofage.com - Timelapse & Cinematography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12