Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bain family

Default Bain family

I have a George bain b 1805, Isobel Bain b 1810, James 1912, and Jean 1815 parents George Bain & Jean Bain all born Wick I got births from OPR. so far have not been able to find a marriage or death for any of them.
    Any help much appreciated

were they from Keiss village ? Have you dates for George and his wife Jean ( was her maiden name Bain)? Have you found them in any census?

Is this young George 30 Nov 1805 Staxigoe to George Bain & Jean Bain

Parents married 12 Nov 1803 George Bain in Staxigoe and Jean Bain in Ackergill
    Last edited by Tricia; 03-Jul-12 at 21:25.

Tricia thanks for reply, yes this is the right George Bain b 12 Nov 1803. I am trying to find a connection between this George Bain and Joseph Bain b 29 Dec1800 in Latheron. I have Josephs' Father as a Joseph Bain on his baptisim record but on Joseph b 1800 on his death cert it says his father was a George Bain (Joiner)and Jane Begg and as the only births i have found on OPR is the ones in my original message with the fathers name of George is George Bain & Jean Bain. I seem to have hit a brick wall with Joseph.