Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: How petty can our MSP's be

Angry How petty can our MSP's be

this is just childish, and tomorrow is Armed Forces day, I wonder if any of the childish MSP's will protest at the march and celebrations in Princes Street Gardens?

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-ev...test-1-2384140
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Wow the SNP really know how to advance their cause. They're prepared to carry even bigger chips on their shoulders these days. Numpties every one.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

That must be verging on bigotry.

It is the thin end of the wedge. What other dictatorships started in such a fashion?

Disgraceful that they can be so intolerant especially when Scotland is still part of The Union, makes one think very seriously.

Did it really happen? I've not seen this story break anywhere else except the Scotsman.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Did it really happen? I've not seen this story break anywhere else except the Scotsman.
    I have seen it reported in a few different places so would appear to have some element of truth.

I have seen it elsewhere too but only as links from the Scotsman site. If its true though its just daft on two counts - if i was decorating the canteen in the Scottish Parliament I would have stuck some saltires in as well - seems like common sense to me and if i had been irritated by the union flags all over the place I would have just stuck some saltires in as well. What a fuss ( on both sides of the political divide ) over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Disgraceful that they can be so intolerant especially when Scotland is still part of The Union, makes one think very seriously.
    I totally agree, we are still in the UK, and the national flag is still the Union Flag
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

If true, this would seem to shatter the story that they're not anti-British, just pro Scottish.

Anyone truly offended by a flag needs to grow up.

Bigots and Racists. Who else would be offended by a flag?
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle