Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tesco - Delivering in Caithness

Hi
    So basically what you are saying is that rather than give Wick the much need investment boost it so badly needs. Stop a considerable amount of money going to Inverness on a weekly basis and we are not just talking groceries here, many people would rather shop for shoes, white good basically everything while they are down. They would rather protect their financial postion and let the county capital become a ghost town.
    Yep sounds like our County council to me.

Mickey

ps Perhaps they have a few more charity shops lined up for the place, just to add insult to injury.

[I heard that Tesco's were measuring there too, but someone else said that Asda are interested in the Harmsworth park. Tesco's know this and instead of the park next to Caithness Glass, they are buying the Factory instead, so they can open sooner and before Asda.[/quote]

From a reliable sorce - Tesco's are interested in buying the ground next to Caithness Glass, but because the council are draggin their well oiled heels, they switched their interest to Hamsworth park, mistakenly believing that it was not owned by the council.

Sorry I haven't read through this whole thread, but it did catch my eye. I would be all for a Tesco delivery, however I can't see that it will happen. I wrote to Tesco just last month to ask if I could use their online service to order my groceries, pay the service charge, and then pick it up at the Inverness shop. Answer... no, that service is not available! As I go down now fairly frequently, but would like to limit the time spent grocery shopping, I thought it would be a great idea, but they didn't. So, please let us know when they start the deliveries up here!

Sara

ajr Guest

17 responses to date!! most in support one calling me for everything for trying to take jobs "away" from Caithness. Thanks for that but I didn't bother to read all of it and deleted it anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12