Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Latheron Parish Records

Default Latheron Parish Records

I think I read on this site that the Latheron Parish Church was damaged by fire and the parish records destroyed. Was this the case? If it did when was this? Were would the parishoners worship whilst it was replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by amcampbe View Post
    I think I read on this site that the Latheron Parish Church was damaged by fire and the parish records destroyed. Was this the case? If it did when was this? Were would the parishoners worship whilst it was replaced?
    The Old Parish Registers for Latheron from 1740-1854 are all available on the FREEREG web site. You can search them for free and if you want a copy of a record you can down load that for a small fee from www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk .

Rosemary Skea

Freereg co-ordinator, Caithness.

Thank you for that, you have helped move me on one more generation.

I must be doing something wrong. When I go to freereg, I go to genuki and into the latheron link and I don't seem to be able to access any parish records as such.
    I am looking for Elisabeth Gunn b, about 1788 and who married George Gunn.
    Help!