Hi,thanks for trying Oddquine, I know its a nightmare, but very much appreciated. This is all I have, Margaret Bain married at Wick December 1854 Daughter of the deceased Donald Bain to Roderick Ross, Gamekeeper, both of Stirkoke, they are on the 1861 census in Wick, Roderick is 35 , Margaret is 30 with a son William age 10 if his age is right then he must have been born before they married and I don't know were the name William came from as I'm almost certain Rodericks Father was John and John is the second son age 5, Daughter Isabella age 3 and an infant 1mnth who I believe is Donald.by 1871 they are living at Westerdale Roderick is 41 Margaret 38 no William or John Isabella is 12, Donald 10 Roderick 8, James 6 and Catherine 2. I know the Family that you where looking at as that was the line I was going down untill I found their marriage and the deceased Donald, I think this Catherine was named after Rodericks Mother, don't worry if you can't find anythig, I'll just keep trying they can't stay hidden forever,can they?Many thanks Flora