Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Caithness Monumental Inscriptions pre 1855

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Robinson Manson Guest

Default Manson / Oman

Quote Originally Posted by davie
    The listings for Trostan show the following Omans/Mansons :

Robert MacKenzie Manson died Greenvale Dunnet 4 December 1927 aged 69, his wife Jane Oman died Sibster Halkirk 31 March 1945 aged 85. Son Nicolas accidentally killed Pass.??, Saskatchewan 7 October 1921 aged 39.

There are 13 entries for Manson as well , I am a big bit no weel at the moment and dont have the energy to type them all in today. If the Manson/Oman above is NOT the one you are looking for can you be any more specific and I'll have another look.

Davie,

I was just going through your posts and saw the above. I am quite sure that the people mentioned are my grandfathers parents. He was born George Manson on June 21 1889 in Framside. The birth was registered in Halkirk on July 6, 1889. in the parish records I believe.
    His parents are listed as Robert Manson, quarry labourer and Jane Manson (Oman), who were married in Halkirk on September 3rd, 1880.
    What I'm curious about is you mentioned a son, Nicholas. Did your sourse mention any other children? Also, do you know of any other online sources that I might use to trace further back.

Regards,

Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson Manson View Post
    Davie,

I was just going through your posts and saw the above. I am quite sure that the people mentioned are my grandfathers parents. He was born George Manson on June 21 1889 in Framside. The birth was registered in Halkirk on July 6, 1889. in the parish records I believe.
    His parents are listed as Robert Manson, quarry labourer and Jane Manson (Oman), who were married in Halkirk on September 3rd, 1880.
    What I'm curious about is you mentioned a son, Nicholas. Did your sourse mention any other children? Also, do you know of any other online sources that I might use to trace further back.

Regards,

Robinson
    Hi Robinson, my stepmom is a granddaugther of Robert McKenzie & Jane/Jean Oman. You want to exchange information?
    Regards
    Mathilda