Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed limits for White Van Men

was thinking about this the other day.. how unsafe drivers are , and how lax in regards to what is safe.. there seems to be a lot of impatience and speed demons about.. especially on the road south. I personally have witnessed many unsafe passing maneuvers.. many in bends that no way you can see around.. and at high speeds. with all the recent news on the dual carriageway from perth to inverness.. due to all the accidents and deaths.. you would think it would make us slow down a little bit and think.
    My mate and i were talking about it yesterday, was it the road itself that is so dangerous, (not counting bad weather) or just bad, inexperienced not paying attention drivers, or a combination of the both?
    have driven the road many times over the years.. and my mate and i was talking about how it is a very fast road.. ie.. in places you can pick up a lot of speed without really realizing it.. and there be an unexpected bend.. also the repair of the road in places. there is a reason for road rules, and that is to save lives. when we disregard those rules.. and i have seen it up here a lot! ie speed.. then we are endangering not only ourselves but everyone else.
    I remember we went to north wales on holiday, and there was cameras everywhere.. and everyone told us.. do not speed you will be caught.. and how hard they had come down on speed in north wales.
    the majority of the locals while telling you really do not go over 30 when it says 30.. you will be ticketed and get points.. were quite happy with the new laws.. as they told us that it had cut road accidents more than half in the first year. from what i understood there had been a lot of fatal crashes in the area.. and they really cracked down on speeding and it worked a wonder.
    also, something that i see often down south is the motorbike signs, about speeding.. and how many people have been killed in the past year on a stretch of road that while very fun for riders to fly down.. often ends in a dead body.
    http://itqueries.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Silly law anyway, nothing worse than getting stuck behind a lorry doing 40 on the A9 to Inverness, not the best stretch of road for passing on.
    +1
    40 mph limit?
    Thats too low...!
    If there are lots of cars coming the other way ..everyone will be stuck behind
    and it makes ppl take chances to overtake...

Remember, the journey is the reward, not the destination.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

i am a white van man myself and theres many more up ere we ve all got 3 points and a fine for speeding so wat been tuck of my licence so i ave got room for 3 more now its gud to speed like many more so wat wats it to do with any body wat we do i say get a life stop complaining get on with it i will get on with it ,i mean speeding

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by john winters View Post
    i am a white van man myself and theres many more up ere we ve all got 3 points and a fine for speeding so wat been tuck of my licence so i ave got room for 3 more now its gud to speed like many more so wat wats it to do with any body wat we do i say get a life stop complaining get on with it i will get on with it ,i mean speeding
    Well if you drive in the same manner as you write then we're all shagged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12