Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Warning to all caithness photographers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Warning to all caithness photographers

I was passing the craft shop in High Street in Wick today and noticed one of my photographs for sale which was a surprise as I hadn't put any in the shop for sale. The photo an HDR is of the anchor at Ackergill; I spoke to the shop owner who was somewhat taken aback he told me it had been put in by Jennifer Rossa of Caithness Crafts, I went home and got a print of the photo and it's the same photo down to the very last cloud! It's obviously been downoaded and printed. The guy in the shop was really embarrassed as she signed a contract stating that the work she was selling was her own. He has withdrawn it from sale.
    This woman tried to buy images from me previously to sell as canvas prints but I refused, she has obviously decided to use my photos anyway!! It's not even on a canvas just a straight print, I'm amazed at her cheek. She posts on here as "tatbabe" check out this post which links to a photobucket site selling oil painting look prints; one of the photos of Keiss harbour was taken by Michael Beales but is being passed off as her own, not nice!!

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...227#post957227

http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ36

Here is a link to Michael's photo, spot the difference, no, there is none!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=3&theater

Tilly Teckel Guest

She certainly has some cheek, and doesn't even have the intelligence to be discreet about it! I'd say legal action is called for, especially as she signed a contract stating the pictures were her own. I'm not her biggest fan anyway, but that's a whole other story...

Here's another double take; a nice photo by Julie Fraser, spot her name at the bottom:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/julie_f...n/photostream/

Now the name is gone and Caithness Craft designed by Jennifer Rossa is credited;

http://www.uniquelydifferent.co.ukww...38-Loch-Watten

This is disgraceful!!

jennifer rossa
    a dam con artist all beware water -mark all from now on ,not happy

6. Default

I notice the photobucket photos have been deleted,wonder how many others she has ripped off.
    I would take legal action against her because she has knowingly tried to sell other peoples photos as her own.

Some people are genuinely not aware of copyright and i've had several issues with people who think its ok to download
    photos and use them for their websites with no credit given.Although they were not selling the photos its still a breach of copyright
    and it took the threat of legal action before one of them would remove a Northern Lights shot from their site.

Jennifer Rossa is playing a different game altogether,cashing in on other peoples work that she has stated is her own and for that she deserves to be sued
    and i've just come across these but they have since been deleted.

I've just noticed Jennifer Rossa on Folksy.
    She had a framed photo of Dale Mill for sale,i viewed it once then when i tried again it was gone.
    also a Caithness Rainbow for sale which interested me because i have a few caithness rainbow shots to my name.
    She must have deleted her account now she has been rumbled because it now says user could not be found.

Disgraceful indeed.

7. Default

After an image search of Jennifer Rossa,Caithness Crafts i came up with these.All 3 associated with
    a user cannot be found Folksy account.

This is the Dale Mill image,it may well be her own but if you think its yours then speak up.

This is the original photo i think and below it is the made to look like an oil painting photo.

Heres the Dunnet beach one.

Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 13-Jun-12 at 18:17.

there is a advert on the forum under Furniture For Sale selling oil paintings.
    dollypops

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    After an image search of Jennifer Rossa,Caithness Crafts i came up with these.All 3 associated with
    a user cannot be found Folksy account.

This is the Dale Mill image,it may well be her own but if you think its yours then speak up.

This is the original photo i think and below it is the made to look like an oil painting photo.

Heres the Dunnet beach one.

I've seen that dunnet image before......it might be one of Jamie's (northlight)

Default Apologies ...

I would like to apologize and am deeply sorry about the upset I have caused - I know this doesn't make things better or change things.

All downloaded photos have been deleted and I am confirming I will no longer use them.

I would like to meet with all parties concerned or their representative to find a solution to this unfortunate situation, i.e. signing a document consisting of terms and conditions of not violating future copy rights and associated consequences.

Tatbabe
    What about the pictures etc you have already sold - do you know where and to whom they have been sold? You have lied and cheated and thought the folk in Caithness would be so laid back and not know anything about copyright.
    Why did you not take you own pictures?
    I consider an apology is nowhere near compensation for lying, cheating and conning people into buying something which is not yours in the first place - the word CROOK with knowledge and intent springs to mind, lying cheating lowlife scum is another term I would consider.

A photographer friend here on Lewis has had to overprint each and every photo of his on display on the web, has put his name in huge letters across the entire collectionto try to stop this type of thing happening, dispite this many of his photos have continued to be used on various web pages with no accreditation or permission. At present he is pursuing many of the people using his photographs illegally on web sites through the copyright system.
    Last edited by pat; 17-Jun-12 at 14:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatbabe View Post
    I would like to apologize and am deeply sorry about the upset I have caused - I know this doesn't make things better or change things.

All downloaded photos have been deleted and I am confirming I will no longer use them.

I would like to meet with all parties concerned or their representative to find a solution to this unfortunate situation, i.e. signing a document consisting of terms and conditions of not violating future copy rights and associated consequences.
    I know im no part of this, but in my opinion signing a piece of paper just wouldnt cut it. You signed a piece of paper in a shop stating the prints taken were yours so it could be sold. So obviously documents means nothing to you. And you should know copyright laws, so its not as if you never knew what you was doing.

You say you have deleted all images, but are you going to pay the photographers who actually took the photos, the money you have made from them?
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatbabe View Post

It seems the person who started all this has apologised and offered to meet with the wronged parties to sort this out.

This seems to be a genuine mistake, but if the wronged paries are not Man/Woman enough to accept an apology that is their problem.

And before some starts jumping up and down, No, I would not like it if it happened to me and I would be very upset..

but I think I would be Gentleman enough to gracefully accept a genuine apology, if it was offered.
    All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

So if someone stole your car or broke in your house and stole your tv then they could just apologise and you'd accept that? I never usually reply to any of these types of threads because most of these types of comments are meant to inflame but god what rubbish!!!! you are off your rocker its theft what ever way you look at it and ignorance is not a defence in law! She made money of others peoples work plain and simple. Clearly you and other similiar posters have nothing better to do with your time than wind others up! - and to the other poster who said get a new hobby we can all see what yours is 'wind up merchant'! and no i'm not a photographer amateur or otherwise nor am I affected by this I just am appalled at the narrow mindeness some people display on this site! you'd be the first to complain when something goes wrong that affects you directly ,your type always do!

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bothyman View Post
    It seems the person who started all this has apologised and offered to meet with the wronged parties to sort this out.

This seems to be a genuine mistake, but if the wronged paries are not Man/Woman enough to accept an apology that is their problem.

And before some starts jumping up and down, No, I would not like it if it happened to me and I would be very upset..

but I think I would be Gentleman enough to gracefully accept a genuine apology, if it was offered.

What genuine mistake are you on about exactly?
    Would this be the genuine mistake where she offered to buy photos from Douglas,he refused so she just downloaded them anyway?
    Sorry but there has been no genuine mistake made here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    What genuine mistake are you on about exactly?
    Would this be the genuine mistake where she offered to buy photos from Douglas,he refused so she just downloaded them anyway?
    Sorry but there has been no genuine mistake made here.
    In that case it is theft and I would not accept an apology.

Sorry MPH, but I missed that bit.

Kerry9316. maybe you know more about this than I do, hence your tirade of abuse towards me .
    All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.