Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning to all caithness photographers

Default Warning to all caithness photographers

I was passing the craft shop in High Street in Wick today and noticed one of my photographs for sale which was a surprise as I hadn't put any in the shop for sale. The photo an HDR is of the anchor at Ackergill; I spoke to the shop owner who was somewhat taken aback he told me it had been put in by Jennifer Rossa of Caithness Crafts, I went home and got a print of the photo and it's the same photo down to the very last cloud! It's obviously been downoaded and printed. The guy in the shop was really embarrassed as she signed a contract stating that the work she was selling was her own. He has withdrawn it from sale.
    This woman tried to buy images from me previously to sell as canvas prints but I refused, she has obviously decided to use my photos anyway!! It's not even on a canvas just a straight print, I'm amazed at her cheek. She posts on here as "tatbabe" check out this post which links to a photobucket site selling oil painting look prints; one of the photos of Keiss harbour was taken by Michael Beales but is being passed off as her own, not nice!!

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...227#post957227

http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ36

Here is a link to Michael's photo, spot the difference, no, there is none!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=3&theater

Tilly Teckel Guest

She certainly has some cheek, and doesn't even have the intelligence to be discreet about it! I'd say legal action is called for, especially as she signed a contract stating the pictures were her own. I'm not her biggest fan anyway, but that's a whole other story...

Here's another double take; a nice photo by Julie Fraser, spot her name at the bottom:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/julie_f...n/photostream/

Now the name is gone and Caithness Craft designed by Jennifer Rossa is credited;

http://www.uniquelydifferent.co.ukww...38-Loch-Watten

This is disgraceful!!

jennifer rossa
    a dam con artist all beware water -mark all from now on ,not happy

6. Default

I notice the photobucket photos have been deleted,wonder how many others she has ripped off.
    I would take legal action against her because she has knowingly tried to sell other peoples photos as her own.

Some people are genuinely not aware of copyright and i've had several issues with people who think its ok to download
    photos and use them for their websites with no credit given.Although they were not selling the photos its still a breach of copyright
    and it took the threat of legal action before one of them would remove a Northern Lights shot from their site.

Jennifer Rossa is playing a different game altogether,cashing in on other peoples work that she has stated is her own and for that she deserves to be sued
    and i've just come across these but they have since been deleted.

I've just noticed Jennifer Rossa on Folksy.
    She had a framed photo of Dale Mill for sale,i viewed it once then when i tried again it was gone.
    also a Caithness Rainbow for sale which interested me because i have a few caithness rainbow shots to my name.
    She must have deleted her account now she has been rumbled because it now says user could not be found.

Disgraceful indeed.

7. Default

After an image search of Jennifer Rossa,Caithness Crafts i came up with these.All 3 associated with
    a user cannot be found Folksy account.

This is the Dale Mill image,it may well be her own but if you think its yours then speak up.

This is the original photo i think and below it is the made to look like an oil painting photo.

Heres the Dunnet beach one.

Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 13-Jun-12 at 18:17.

there is a advert on the forum under Furniture For Sale selling oil paintings.
    dollypops

I for one will be taking legal advice on the matter and have advised her of the fact, she was none too bothered, just told me she would not be selling anymore and deleting her account, no apology or no plea of ignorance of copyright laws. I took a screen grab and a print of the page before it was deleted so have my proof.

thanks Douglas for alerting me to the fact

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    After an image search of Jennifer Rossa,Caithness Crafts i came up with these.All 3 associated with
    a user cannot be found Folksy account.

This is the Dale Mill image,it may well be her own but if you think its yours then speak up.

This is the original photo i think and below it is the made to look like an oil painting photo.

Heres the Dunnet beach one.

I've seen that dunnet image before......it might be one of Jamie's (northlight)

I managed to get a full screen grab of the Westerdale Mill one above from her Folksy page as it looked familiar - if the TRUE owner would like a copy PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it on. I've been through copyright theft with one of my designs before, so I hope she gets what she deserves...

Absolutely shocking... take her to court peeps

Thanks for raising this issue. All the links seem to now be dead! I had the chairman of the Society of Caithness artists in my studio last night and have highlighted this issue to him as well.
    Last edited by Deemac; 14-Jun-12 at 20:57.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

MPH, she's got at least one of yours too, selling it in a pack of 4 6x4 prints

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mph.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	14101

also this other one of mine

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2738/4...86c712ca_b.jpg
    Last edited by dragonfly; 15-Jun-12 at 14:09.

MPH she has 3 of yours for sale: Weydale, Harolds Tower and Forss Mill, she also has Loch Calder by Ormlie in her hoard.
    I obtained a set of thumbnail prints from Made In Scotland in Wick of 24 photos she has for sale, it appears only 1 is hers, myself and Julie have been trying to work our way through them, she has at least 4 of Julie's, 2 of mine and 2 of Michael Beales, astonishing!!

wish my scanner was working as I'd scan it in to see if anyone else recognised their work

Time methinks you photographers got together with a solicitor to present a united front and took the alleged perpetrator to court. This shameful act of piracy cannot go unchallenged.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

I am! and have just found out this bit of info.......I think that selling on images/products would constitute a business....after all, she called it Caithness Craft Photos and Canvas Prints

"Flagrancy and criminality – If the image was used by a business, where the infringer knew or ought to have known that the image was protected by copyright, then they have committed a criminal offence punishable by up to two years in prison and/or a fine. This is the criminal offence commonly known as “copyright theft”. It is distinct from the criminal offence known as “piracy”, which involves dealing in physical articles such as pirated DVD’s. Copyright theft is also a separate crime from, and should not be confused with, ‘theft’ within the meaning of the Theft Act 1968."
    \

anyone recognise their work in about this lot, sorry for poor quality, taken from thumbnails on ebay

Last edited by dragonfly; 15-Jun-12 at 16:48.

Warning- the craft shop in Wick is usually considered to be BB&C. WE DO NOT SELL PHOTO'S either our own or other peoples. Perhaps you would like to change your comments or name the actual shop concerned as we feel aggrieved that our customers have commented to us about this believing us to be the offenders. WE ARE NOT HAPPY.

BB&C
    BRIDGE STREET
    WICK

Sorry BB&C but I don't think of you as a craft shop selling such items, more as a supplier, I think everyone concerned with this post knows you don't sell photos and they know who we are referring to so there is no need to be concerned at all. The shops full title is Made in Caithness but they are in no way culpable as they have been totally hoodwinked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast