Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Death in the 1930's of Minister

Default Death in the 1930's of Minister

Does anyone remember or know anything regarding the sudden death of a Minister in Halkirk in the 1930's?

I can't say I know but I do remember hearing stories of the manse being haunted or something because a minister had 'fallen' to his death from one of the upstairs window, I also believe there was speculation at the time about events!

I've asked around and the name could be Rev Lamb.

Have had a look for more info on this and came up with this from The Scotsman, October 20th 1932.

Caithness Minister’s Death
    The Rev. John Lamb, MA, Abbey Church of Scotland, Halkirk, Caithness, died at madnight on Tuesday in Bignold Hospital, Wick, to which he had been removed by ambulance from his home on Monday evening. Mr Lamb was elected to the charge of Halkirk Parish Church in July 1924 in succession to the late Rev. John Ritchie. He spent the early part of his life in the Island of Skye, and went to Halkirk after having been two and a half years minister at Sandwick, Shetland, his first charge. He is survived by his wife, a native of Inverness, and a family of three.