Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whos your'e favourite guitarist.

Default Fave Guitarists

There's so many but Stevie Ray Vaughan & Gary Moore long time faves of mine Ted Nugent & Zakk Wylde also played a lot.

Try listening to Jeff Becks recent CD's

Jimmy Page!!! (where did he go anyway)

Why do drugs when you can stand in your bedroom with the squash racket goin to Communication Breakdown?

darktide Guest

Default re

mmm favourites

Robben Ford, stevie ray vaughan, andy gunn, billy morrison, gary moore, steve morse

out of all the picks i still opt robben ford as my main fave the guy has a lovely mix of jazz blues in his playing

Any 1 here got any favourite local guitarists?
    I Was Born Brilliant; Education Ruined Me

Angus Young from ACDC does it 4 me, his solos sound brilliant and also he is magic 2 watch on stage.

Cant believe Herb Alpert hasnt been mentioned yet.

....I think there might be a good reason for that...

Joe Patterson
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

HarmonyQueen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by linzy222
    I got a cd off him, it only has 3 songs on it but its brilliant!!
    The 80s are long gone, Stevie should move with the times, what he does has all been done before, and alot better too. No disrespect to the man, but his music/CD is scary and dated.

thats what i was trying for, and anyway the 80s guitar thing is back in vogue

HarmonyQueen Guest

Sorry man, but your CD is unlistenable. You are a good guitarist, dont get me wrong, but why not put some originality into your playing? That's what Satriani did and look at him!

Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyQueen
    Sorry man, but your CD is unlistenable. You are a good guitarist, dont get me wrong, but why not put some originality into your playing? That's what Satriani did and look at him!
    Satriani? A bald, jaded guitar Olympist, who makes a living out of telling disillusioned teenage boys with bad hair and bad complexion how to make their poke-your-eye-out Ibanez (probably) squeal with delight. In any guitar magazine. He must have the monopoly on every guitar rag going. Still, Summer Song, eh?

HarmonyQueen Guest

Go and listen to Surfing With The Alien and you will know what i am talking about. A breath of fresh air at the back of the clapton/beck wannabes.

HarmonyQueen Guest

Stevie, who all is in your band anyway and why change from solo??

For me it's Gary Moore. He gets so much feeling into it and I've enjoyed the varying styles he has gone into over the years.

Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold, he's pretty class

but Favourite has to be good old Zakk Wylde, should hear this guy play... awesome!!

Pot Heid Guest

Peter Green (original Fleetwood Mac) and Paul Kossof (Free) both superb blues player with real feel for the music and of course Stevie Ray Vaughan.

i'm actually shocked and appalled that nobody has mentioned Dimebag (R.I.P) he's awesome!

have to agree with the pepsi dude, i ain't a fan of Satch(or any of those widdly guitarists like Vai etc) its just a big guitar w*nk if you ask me. i can appreciate that they are good players n all, but i'd rather listen to the likes of Zakk or Slash to be honest.

Totally forgot about Tom Morello... i love that guy, his riffs are mega awesome!!!

Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit is ace, pity his band suck ass though

too many to name but one..... jamie lenman, simon neil, kurt cobain, dave grohl, james iha, billy howerdell, deron miller.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast