Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whos your'e favourite guitarist.

Default Whos your'e favourite guitarist.

Right. Im bored at work so im just wondering who the big influences are on guitarists up here.
    My personal favourite is Slash but im also amazed by Kirk Hammet and Mr Hendrix.

Mine is also Slash, and has been since I was eleven years old. Went to see him with Velvet Revolver on Friday night and although they were let down badly by the appalling sound, I thought Slash was as fantastic as ever. There's something about his style of playing I just love.

Have to agree on all counts and have to admit Slash is definately my all time favourite. Axl was nuts, but Slash could steal the show from him anyday. The whole new GN'R thing bugs me. I'm so glad that all the elements that I loved so much about them are in Velvet Revolver, and of course Scott Weiland as singer, now theres a man who likes the hard stuff.
    As for other guitar gods dunno..... Not really into Vai, or stuff like that.

samcant Guest

Eddie Van Halen.

The sound at the VR gig was bloody awful. That room is terrible, i've never seen a good-sounding gig there.

Then again i was so drunk i could have been watching addie harper and not noticed.

No way! I have a rule although I love a drink like the rest of them, I never drink at a gig!! I know probably sounds boring! But some gigs you go to you need your wits about you especially in certain mosh pits!!

STEVIE TAYLOR OF COURSE!!

i have a lot of respect for many guitarists but the whole reason I ever picked up a guitar was down to James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett. They are both excellent guitarists, but I love Jaymz for his crushing riffs and Kirk for his blistering solos ( although not on St Anger ) Other influences for me are Hendrix, Zakk Wylde and Van Halen

VR: the venue they played in has perennial sound problems e.g. it sounds like dying camels from within an aeroplane hangar. So don't look too much into it.

My fave guitarists, however - for those who care - are (in no particular order): Judah Bauer; Leo Nocentelli; Bo Diddley; Vernon Reid; Frank Zappa; Page Hamilton; R.L Burnside; anyone who performed/performs under the Fat Possum label.

Cheers.

Fave guitarist is Gary Moore - he makes it talk to me. I was hugely impressed though by a band i saw in Inverness about a year ago and their lead guitarist. They were called "The Shoes" and his versatilty and dexterity were fabulous i was well impressed.

my gods are ...Paul Gilbert,George Lynch,Randy Rhoads,Jake E Lee,Zakk Wylde,Eddie Van Halen,Dweezil & Frank,Stevie Vai ... I could go on for ever ...theres hunners that I Love!!

ctbass Guest

my views on one of the best guitarist is.... without a doubt Mark Tremonty - the guitarist out of Creed/Alter Bridge..... you gotta love RATM for the riffs! .... Wes Borland is amazing whether you like him or not lol .... James and Kirk ..... and if your counting in bass guitarist - Ryan from mudvayne is the best on this earth!close by being Flea.

I'm gonna seem v sad here and say Ben Moody. I haven't heard anything of him since he left Amy to deal with Evanescence herself.

Quote Originally Posted by theboss
    Mine is also Slash, and has been since I was eleven years old. Went to see him with Velvet Revolver on Friday night and although they were let down badly by the appalling sound, I thought Slash was as fantastic as ever. There's something about his style of playing I just love.
    I saw them last Sunday in Manchester MEN Arena, same thing as you said really, Slash was class as ever, just had to lift up his guitar and everyone went nuts! Sound was baaaad, a really big soup, that was disappointing.

Weiland was ok as a front man, what is all that weird running about?! Last time I saw him play was when I was a nipper in 1992! (Gateshead stadium, Get In The Ring Tour)

i have loads one must be jeff healey he is blind but has traded licks with clapton and not looked an idoit.also billie joe armstrong from greenday he may not shred but he can write catchy songs and solo's.but for pure speed kirk hammet he's amazing.

apollo69 Guest

Linzy222 - are you Stevie's agent

LOL no i just think he's great!!

I got a cd off him, it only has 3 songs on it but its brilliant!!

I have it in the car and it is always playing!!

KEEP EM COMING STEVIE!!

Even my kids love his music

WE ALL LOVE YOU STEVIE

apollo69 Guest

He is a very good guitarist.
    You still should be his agent though!

really!!

Whys that??

samcant Guest

Trey Spruance from Mr Bungle is an incredibly good guitar player. As is Dino Cazares, formerly of Fear Factory.

That Stevie Taylor is terrible, a really awful player.

Bassman Guest

Robert Fripp - original, modest, innovative. Can be a sometimes, but there's a thin line between genius and madness. Anyone heard the latest Crimson album ? The best since 'Red'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast