Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: How certain are you already about your vote over Scottish Independence?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very certain, let us vote now

37 63.79%
  • Fairly certain, it had to be a major thing to change my vote.

10 17.24%
  • Not thought about it to be honest.

1 1.72%
  • Very uncertain, I see pros and cons on both sides of the debate.

10 17.24%

Thread: Scottish Independence?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Scottish Independence?

The campaign starts today but there's 2 years to go before the referendum. Have you made up your mind already? How certain are you now?
    Last edited by Rheghead; 25-May-12 at 15:23.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    The campaign starts today but there's 2 years to go before the referendum. Have made up your mind already? How certain are you now?
    As sure as I have ever been Rheg, made up my mind a long time ago, and am not changing now.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Voted and signed up already, unlike Golach I am not a Dinosaur!!!

C3....................

Yes, er no, the world has enough little countries with their hands out.

Who was that idiot actor gadgey going on about the social maturity or some such. We have the most disfuntional society in the so called civilised world. Racism and sectarianism rife. Unemployed unemployables by the bucket load, housing the worst in europe, hopeless junkies and alcaholics, and the poorest attitude to health and fitness. And a tram system in the capital after 4 years is just a damn great hole in the ground. That guy needs to look out the window.
    Last edited by ducati; 25-May-12 at 16:59. Reason: Rant induced spelling cock up

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Yes, er no, the world has enough little countries with their hands out.

Who was that idiot actor gadgey going on about the social maturity or some such. We have the most disfuntional society in the so called civilised world. Racism and sectarianism rife. Unemployed unemployables by the bucket load, housing the worst in europe, hopeless junkies and alcaholics, and the poorest attitude to health and fitness. And a tram system in the capital after 4 years is just a damn great hole in the ground. That guy needs to look out the window.
    It can't be all that bad Duke or you would have run back "Home" ages ago!!
    It amazes me the amount of Incomers that do nothing but moan about Scotland but still stay here.....Why??????? I just cant see the point in staying if it's as bad as you paint it!

(and I make no apologies for using the word Incomers)!!!....

C3..........

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    It amazes me the amount of Incomers that do nothing but moan about Scotland but still stay here.....Why??????? I just cant see the point in staying if it's as bad as you paint it!

C3..........
    Please name and shame all these "Incomers that do nothing but moan about Scotland but still stay here " or is it
    Corrie3 as usual you are talking SH## .You think that anyone who moves here isnt entitled to an opinion on local matters as much as you are. Does your vision of ethnic cleansing include provisions to bring all the "outgoers back"
    The national census estimates that there are 660k Scots living in England, and 3OOk English in Scotland

C3..........
    Just pointing out the lies that are being told, and delusions some are susceptible to.

Oh! and I've said before, my home is the United Kingdom....anywhere I like.
    Last edited by ducati; 25-May-12 at 21:06.

i can't vote here as the first option has 'vote right now' and i believe 2014 is the right time but am 100% in favour of yes vote

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Yes, er no, the world has enough little countries with their hands out. Who was that idiot actor gadgey going on about the social maturity or some such. We have the most disfuntional society in the so called civilised world. Racism and sectarianism rife. Unemployed unemployables by the bucket load, housing the worst in europe, hopeless junkies and alcaholics, and the poorest attitude to health and fitness. And a tram system in the capital after 4 years is just a damn great hole in the ground. That guy needs to look out the window.
    I dont agree with your view of life in Scotland Ducati but, if that is what you see out of your window, then why would you want to perpetuate the status quo? Why would you want more of the same stuff that has brought us to this dreadful place, this disfunctional scotland with its bigots and racists, its useless, unemployable population? Why do you not want change? A better Scotland where society is more equal, fairer, healthier, more responsible? None of those speakers today were advocating that the Scotland you describe is the Scotland they hope for under independence. They want better for the people of Scotland. If you see the Scotland you describe from your window why would you not dream of a better Scotland and, if you have that dream of a better Scotland why would you not want the chance for change that voting yes to Independence might give you?
    Last edited by squidge; 26-May-12 at 00:10.

100% yes to independence.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    I dont agree with your view of life in Scotland Ducati but, if that is what you see out of your window, then why would you want to perpetuate the status quo? Why would you want more of the same stuff that has brought us to this dreadful place, this disfunctional scotland with its bigots and racists, its useless, unemployable population? Why do you not want change? A better Scotland where society is more equal, fairer, healthier, more responsible? None of those speakers today were advocating that the Scotland you describe is the Scotland they hope for under independence. They want better for the people of Scotland. If you see the Scotland you describe from your window why would you not dream of a better Scotland and, if you have that dream of a better Scotland why would you not want the chance for change that voting yes to Independence might give you?
    It's an interesting exercise to substitute the word 'England' in every place where you have put 'Scotland' for what you describe applies to vast swathes of England, aye and Wales too. The problems are not peculiar to Scotland, nor are they down to perfidious Whitehall, but more to do with globalism, a consensus in Politics and among politicians that economy comes before people, and unequal distribution of wealth.

Will independence change all that too?
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Voted and signed up already, unlike Golach I am not a Dinosaur!!!C3....................
    Should I be worried that Corrie has to have a dig at me in many of his posts, or should I be flattered? Has he fallen in love with me? Or is he just a cyber bully, I think the later. Typical Nats policies!!
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Should I be worried that Corrie has to have a dig at me in many of his posts, or should I be flattered? Has he fallen in love with me? Or is he just a cyber bully, I think the later. Typical Nats policies!!
    Sounds like panic is setting in Golach, is it all getting too much for you?

C3...........

Sounds like panic is setting in

C3...........
    Says he who has finally realised he is living in fantasy land and is desperately touting for support for Independence

I say give independance a try. Why not? Have previous governing bodies treated Scotland "equally"?
    The way I see it is if you don't like it you can change it back. It is a democracy after all.
    And if you're vote is against Salmond then you're not looking at the big picture.
    Once Scotland gains its independance then the true changes it wants can be made by the people for the people and that means changing anything including who and how the county is run.
    Its a no brainer if you ask me, time to tread new waters, get inventive and move ahead for the sake of future generations.

The campaign starts today, welcome to the Corrie & golach show. How certain are you now?
    Quote Originally Posted by f.o.s. View Post
    The way I see it is if you don't like it you can change it back. It is a democracy after all.
    Democracy!!!! FOS, yer here ferra laugh.
    The UK is the most twisted membership club you couldn't dream up in yer worst nightmares.
    Once/if Scotland is out just watch the black balls fall.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Well if Cyberbullying has been defined as when the Internet is used to hurt,embarrass or ridicule another person and or their beliefs

haven't you been doing exactly that, constantly ridiculing Eck,the SNP and those on this forum who support the SNP and their policies?
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 26-May-12 at 02:57.

The campaign starts today but there's 2 years to go before the referendum. Have you made up your mind already? How certain are you now?
    I am open minded at the minute and want to hear all the pros and cons and policies before I decide , and then if I believe the country will be better of going alone that's what I will support ,if not I wont.