Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the portland arms

Default the portland arms

hi the portland arms opens its door on sat thank god it was such a shame it was allowed to close but the good news two great local men have taken it on and this time hopefully its for good bar meals and the bar will be open for meals hope to take on staff once it gets busy again

Thumbs up Portland Arms

Good to hear,wish them GOOD LUCK.

Tilly Teckel Guest

I agree, I've missed the Portlands! Good luck to the new guys

Who has taken it over? Wish them luck, it's a shame the hotel closed!
    jac

Apparently Mr Bowles who opened the thread is one of the "two great local men " now running the Portlands !

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    Apparently Mr Bowles who opened the thread is one of the "two great local men " now running the Portlands !
    Is Ducati the other one?

C3..............

All best to the new folk at the Portland Arms.

I've driven through Lybster on a few occasions recently and it was so sad to see the hotel closed up and abandoned.

Looking forward to visiting it again now though....

Think the opening post is a bitty cheeky if indeed he is one of the 'great local men'.

Would have been more impressed if it had been put in the business section with a bitty more honesty and openess.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Tilly Teckel Guest

Nothing wrong with a bit of self-promotion!

No there isnt, so long as you say its self promotion.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Last edited by Droopy; 23-May-12 at 20:20.
    Anyone know what time Tesco opens?

Not good to see a well known local hotel closed so best wishes for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
    and what is wrong with them looking for cheap TV's? they are starting out in business and probubly have a budget to work to, give them a year to settle in and they may buy new, problem with some people is that they just look to find faults with everything, i wish them all the best for giving it a go!

good luck nice place glad someone is giving it a go just at the right time i would say

Quote Originally Posted by black16i View Post
    and what is wrong with them looking for cheap TV's? they are starting out in business and probubly have a budget to work to, give them a year to settle in and they may buy new, problem with some people is that they just look to find faults with everything, i wish them all the best for giving it a go!
    totally agree people on here are to ready to put people down for trying i say good luck if it was not for these people the portlands would become another run down building for people to complain about

Nope. Nothing to do with me.

Local businesses, especially new starts, need to be encouraged.

What's the problem if they enjoy a few days of "glory" on the main forum before being removed to the Business Section? That was the case with another new business a few weeks ago with the new garden centre/cafe at Lochshell.

With the current difficult economic climate, especially in Caithness, should we not be supporting local, enterprising initiatives instead of "raining on their parade"?

I'd rather read a post with some hope for the future of Caithness and potential business than some of the other stuff I've read recently.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Think the opening post is a bitty cheeky if indeed he is one of the 'great local men'.

Would have been more impressed if it had been put in the business section with a bitty more honesty and openess.
    Lol! I realised what Andrew was saying straight away!

I think the 30 in andrew.bowles30 refers to the number of threads he can start on the same topic before he gets into trouble with the moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Lol! I realised what Andrew was saying straight away!
    <snip>
    Congratulations!

You're Andrew's new business partner then.

All best for the new venture at Portland Arms.

Thanks Moira.

I'll admit I had to read it twice before it made any sense at all lol!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast