Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Explain the Inexpilicable

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    It's Physics Jim - but not as we know it.....
    I like that. So much better than the original
    Everyone thinks of ghosts and spirits. Some of us dont believe they happen anywhere outside the confines of our own heads but either way they attract our attention. I think thats why some people can use it so expertly when they are doing readings. Im sure most mediums are as genuine as any Christian evangelist and it appears harmless enough for those who want to believe it. In fact it obviously helps some people get by.
    Once the medium makes a connection for us it's a bit like the blind leading the blind.
    I believe in delusions.

See though, if i decide that I believe this WAS Sally then I Have to believe in life after death. If i believe in life after death then dont i have to Definitely believe in God?

Squidge is a person of great intelligence who thinks deeply about things.

She describes something which has quite clearly disturbed her equilibrium and I for one am not going to laugh about it. I have come across a few things in my life that I simply have no explanation for- and all it means is exactly that.

I can't explain them.

It does not mean that one day they will not be explained.

Try explaining computers to a man or woman of the 13th century.
    The world was flat for thousands of years.

So just because we do not have a rational explanation for something right now does not mean that we never will.
    To think we know all would be just hubris.
    Well said. And in the meantime, we can be content to know that we don't know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    See though, if i decide that I believe this WAS Sally then I Have to believe in life after death. If i believe in life after death then dont i have to Definitely believe in God?
    you wouldnt definately have to but it a closer jump for you to make than me.

This has nothing to do with Science. Squidge was bemused and befuddled by a polished stage performer - a magician or a conman, if you prefer - and she's trying to work out how he did it. If he'd taken her onto the stage and sawn her in two, you wouldn't be asking if God exists. Yet, sawing her in two is far more implausible than a few well-practised (and, in some cases, lucky) guesses!

Default Possibly Ghosts

Squidge is a person of great intelligence who thinks deeply about things.

She describes something which has quite clearly disturbed her equilibrium and I for one am not going to laugh about it. I have come across a few things in my life that I simply have no explanation for- and all it means is exactly that.

I can't explain them.

It does not mean that one day they will not be explained.

Try explaining computers to a man or woman of the 13th century.
    The world was flat for thousands of years.

So just because we do not have a rational explanation for something right now does not mean that we never will.
    To think we know all would be just hubris.
    Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Just how "flummoxed" were you? Medium-flummoxed ain't good enough.... You gotta go for multiple-flummoxed every time....
    Oh come now.

If a medium flummoxes you, it follows that you are medium-flummoxed.

Unless the experience was multi-medium...
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    My problem is this, if there are ghosts or at least spirits able to comunicate with the living, we would have to scrap pretty much everything we have ever learned as a race about physics in the whole of history. I don't think it is wrong, and neither do all the Physicists. It's fine to say we don't know everything and there is more to life than science, but that isn't right.

Everything has to fit into certain models of the universe, for everything else to work. There are gaps in knowledge, but there are no spaces where something should be, like ghosts, but isn't.
    It's Physics Jim - but not as we know it.....

And now, there is even more to talk about.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...ts&h=4AQEasVMb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12