Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: books recomendations

Talking books recomendations

Hi looking to buy a new book thriller maybe one that doesnt take 3 pages to describe a room ,fast moving and gripping ,one i dont want to put down ..read all Tim Ellis they are brill

I loved I, claudius - I know it's not exactly a thriller in normal terms but it did keep me on the edge of my seat

Just finished the Millenium Trilogy of books by Stieg Larsson, they start with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

I have to say I couldn't put them down and read all three, one after t'other. Absolutely fantastic read and one book naturaly follows from the last.

It is a pity that Stieg Larsson died just after finishing the last one. A sad loss to the literary world.

Lee Child's Jack Reacher series. Start at the first book and work through

Have to agree, Lee Childs, hero 'Jack Reacher' is brilliant, its action all way

mary higgins clark is good
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Tilly Teckel Guest

I have to agree with Aestus57 that the Millennium trilogy is fantastic. Took me a little while to get into the first book to be honest, I think just because of all the foreign place names () but once I decided to just ignore them, I loved it!

'Before I Go To Sleep' by SJ Watson was pretty good too, but not one I would choose to read over and over like the Millennium books.

thank you all off to have a look now

Tilly Teckel Guest

I noticed today in Tesco they have a pack of all three Millennium books for under a fiver - definitely worth buying!