Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dunbeath Mains in Latheron 1871 Census district?

Anonymous Guest

Default Dunbeath Mains in Latheron 1871 Census district?

I have gotten in the LDS film of the 1871 Census covering Latheron, but at the end it says "To be Continued" and I cannot find the township of Dunbeath Mains. Have I just missed it, or is it in a different film?

I am searching for the family of James and Janet Young who lived there at the time. I wish to know which children were still living with them at that time. James Young was my great great grandfather. His daughters married into Sutherland, Sinclair , and McWhirter families.

Can anybody help she dsome light?

Dunbeath Mains should be somewhere in Latheron District. The North Highland Archive, Sinclair Terrace,Wick, hold copies of the '71 Census on Microfiche and are very helpful with any queries. I do not know if they are on the net but Fax Number is 01955 603000.

Anonymous Guest

Default My mistake! Found my rellies.

I had another look at the 1871 Census and found what I wanted to know. My great grandfather - Thomas Young was still living with his father (James Young) amd stepmother (Janet Young), and aged 25. He must have left for Australia not long after.