Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop the wind blowing your bin open!

absolutely, the strap is made from strong webbing and the hook is solid. it's a great solution.

Biron's is a great shop, Kevin knows his stuff and his prices will always beat Homebase.

Just bought some of these straps today, would like to thank all the staff for there help, and enjoyed meeting the Boxer dog too.

Quote Originally Posted by lisagrace View Post
    surely you would have to take it off for the bin men as it may slow them down or they'd have to do something outwith their job description? i have a problem with people putting rubbish in my bin and tried a bungee but was left a note by the bin men to remove it (and they didn't collect my rubbish that day)

yeh we have had that message too. i can only presume that the only problem is it might somehow get stuck to the mechanicals of the lorry.

Quote Originally Posted by snow tiger View Post
    Just bought some of these straps today, would like to thank all the staff for there help, and enjoyed meeting the Boxer dog too.
    Ah, so you met the boss then! He is a lovely boy.....

I have had an orange label on my bin today asking me to remove the strap and failure to do so will result in bin not being emptied. I had the bin straps from birons on my wheelie bin and they won't accept them either it will be a pain in the butt taking it on and off the whole time !
    Last edited by snow tiger; 24-May-12 at 18:19.

Smile

I use 2 thick rubber bands,hooked over each handle and over the corners below the handles.Works perfect,and ultra cheap.Take them off when putting bin out and fire them back on when bins back in.

Well, I've just been to Wick to buy another two bin straps from Biron's as some 'person' stole mine! I couldn't believe it!!

By the way, I've never had a problem with the bin men, but I do unhook the strap on collection day. I've watched the lorry emptying my bin with the strap still attached and it definitely doesn't get caught in the machine. I think some of the bin men have a bit of an unhelpful attitude maybe, but mine are great and I've never had a problem.

Actually, when I was in Biron's today the owner said that a fella from the council had taken a look at the bin strap and said that it wouldn't be a risk to use, so if anyone is having a problem with their bin men accepting them then maybe they should query it.

This one has been around for a while, but it has good advice and I can see why.

Default BinBoyo Bin Straps

Due to high demand we ran out of bin straps during the last storms.

We have now taken delivery of another batch.
    Visit our shop at 20 Bridge street, Wick
    Tel/fax 01955 604655
    'like' us on Facebook - BironsIronmongersWick

https://walrusbracket.co.uk I'm from Shetland, and when the council introduced Wheelie-bins this year I revisited a project we looked at 8 years ago. The Walrus Wheelie Bin Bracket. Check out the website.

I might buy some for myself....oh and a few for the ignorant neighbours too who leave their bins out all week with the lids flapping around in the wind allowing the contents to constantly fly all over the street!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12