Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 87.9p it is.....

Thumbs up 87.9p it is.....

tesco fuel station is open on monday morning at some point . im not too sure of the prices but they will be cheaper then anywhere in caithness . and once the store opens the promtion will still be running where you spend 50.00 in the shop and you get a further 5p off your fuel .

Great!

It's being able to get your petrol 24hrs of the day that I think is good.
    Doolally

Great news for Wick Mr do dar...if they are as good as they are where i stay ..then you all will be on to a winner lol...no more going to Inverness for a big shop

I cant wait.

I hear they are going to be 5p cheaper than the most expensive petrol station nearby and then with the extra 5p off it will be great!!!

unicorn Guest

the 5p off promotion finishes today, I noticed it on my voucher when I filled up in Inverness on Wednesday.

wot will hapen if tesco keep the price of petrol to low and force the other supliers to close then they can garge wot they want????

Quote Originally Posted by sjr014 View Post
    wot will hapen if tesco keep the price of petrol to low and force the other supliers to close then they can garge wot they want????
    That's why we need ASDA.

will asda on the other side of the county make a difrence

There are only a penny cheaper than the local garages cant see them closing over that .

don't get too excited, they only have to be as cheap as the cheapest filling station within a 2 miles, we moved south and Tesco 7 miles away is 4p a litre cheaper than our closest which is a mile away

Default ASDA Price

Quote Originally Posted by sjr014 View Post
    will asda on the other side of the county make a difrence
    ASDA has a national pricing policy with a national price unlike Tesco whose price is a certain amount below the nearest garages. That is why the petrol stations are more afraid of ASDA. It will certainly make difference to Thurso and Dounreay workers from around the county will benefit too as many will be passing the petrol station.

unicorn Guest

I don't get my fuel up here now unless I really have no choice, I fill up in skiach on the way home. I refuse to endlessly have the eyes ripped out of me if I dont have to just so I am supporting local economy.

Default Fill up south

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I don't get my fuel up here now unless I really have no choice, I fill up in skiach on the way home. I refuse to endlessly have the eyes ripped out of me if I dont have to just so I am supporting local economy.
    I used to fill up before I left the county to save me wasting time after business in Inverness. Now I make sure I have enough fuel to get there and I fill up for coming home. I would support the local garages if they played the game but they do not.

I can't see how most people would save money by travelling through to Wick to fill up, even if it was 5p cheaper a litre a 40 mile round trip would negate the saving on a 60l fuel tank, wouldn't it? My car only does 44mpg.

unicorn Guest

Yes but if you are going through for shopping anyway it helps on the extra fuel costs and with the savings you should make on shopping and fuel it should hopefully pay for the fuel although that said it is false economy as you wont be saving anything but the extra choice will make it worthwhile.

As far as I know asda work on a national average and tesco work on a local average.

When Summerfields (now Morrisons) opened at Alness Kens at Kildary matched the supermarket prices within one penny. I suppose the big petrol suppliers match their prices to ensure their volume of sales. Hopefully Tescos prices will force the suppliers to local forecourts to try and match the lower prices.
    Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner View Post
    As far as I know asda work on a national average and tesco work on a local average.
    I am under the same impression though we wont have much longer to wait to find out

Apparently tesco will be one pence per litre cheaper than the nearest local dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post
    I used to fill up before I left the county to save me wasting time after business in Inverness. Now I make sure I have enough fuel to get there and I fill up for coming home. I would support the local garages if they played the game but they do not.
    What annoys me is that Highland Council insist their employees fill up BEFORE heading south to attend Inverness meetings. The council says staff need a VAT receipt from before the journey starts in order to process an expenses claim. This means council employees can't take full advantage of cheaper fuel prices in the Inverness area.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast