Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

I'm listening to "Christmas Eve And Other Stories'" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Much as I enjoy my more traditional Christmas CDs, it's nice to hear something different like this Christmas rock opera. Absolutely brilliant!!
    Last edited by Sporran; 13-Dec-06 at 05:37.
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Sporran View Post

I'm listening to "Christmas Eve And Other Stories'" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Much as I enjoy my more traditional Christmas CDs, it's nice to hear something different like this Christmas rock opera. Absolutely brilliant!!
    Over the past few days I've also given spin to the other two CDs in TSO's Christmas Trilogy. Namely, "The Christmas Attic" and "The Lost Christmas Eve". I'm just as impressed with them!

Currently, I'm listening to the mellow sax tones of Kenny G - "Faith - A Holiday Album", which is another fave of mine.
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Cypress Hill - STASH EP

Idlewild - Warning and Promises

I'm listening to "Christmas" by Mannheim Steamroller. After that, it's going to be "A Fresh Aire Christmas" by the same. I thoroughly enjoy their music, which is played on a combination of 18th-century instruments and modern-day synthesizers, drums, and electric guitars. Click on the links I've provided to hear music samples, if you wish.

right now, listening to Brand New ... excellentay! plus other albums like Mastodon .... Lamb of God ... Protest the Hero ... Tool.
    www.pearlofage.com - Timelapse & Cinematography

Strangely enough:

Doors - Perception box set (only 20,000 released).

Pure class.

Woke up this morning......nothing on my mind.

Eradicate The Doubt - Biffy Clyro
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

an evening with Peter Green and the splintergroup in Concert very easy going

The James Gang - Funk 49

Classic track, get it now!

Thurso - and the Fantasy City of Darkhaven...

The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

What a brilliant Album!

Also Revelations by Audioslave...another superb CD

Oh and Evanescence's new one - Open Door!

Hope you've all had a happy Christmas, everyone! It's still December 25th in the good ol' US of A, and I'm still playin' ma Christmas tunes!

I'm listening to "Peace on Earth" by Japanese new age musician Kitaro, at the moment. It's a really beautiful album of mostly traditional Christmas songs. The Amazon editorial review sums it up nicely by saying:

"Peace on Earth is the first holiday album by Kitaro and takes long time holiday favorites and orchestrates them with ethereal overtones, spiritual subtleties and bursts of theatrical effects. Also included is an original Christmas composition composed by Kitaro."

Music samples of each track are here. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Sporran; 26-Dec-06 at 05:24.

And now I'm listening to "The Essential Kitaro", which was just released in November. It's a collection of many of his best compositions, including some on a DVD of live performances. I highly recommend this one too!

Im listning to Paolo Nutini...His album is fantastic. He is scottish!!

INXS - Greatest Hits!

I've been on a classical music binge today, and am currently listening to "Paris - La Belle Epoque". Performers are cellist Yo-Yo Ma and British pianist Kathryn Stott. C'est magnifique!!

At the moment, I'm listening to "Message of the Sea: Celtic Music for Guitar". Lovely relaxation music performed by classical guitarist David Russell. David was born in Glasgow, but brought up in Minorca, Spain. He studied music and guitar at the Royal Academy of Music in London, and won Bream and Segovia awards whilst in his youth. I adore classical guitar music, and David is a true maestro of that genre.
    Last edited by Sporran; 14-Jan-07 at 04:28.

A friend gave me some albums to listen of a rockabilly band called "Reverend Horton Heat" and I am listening to the album called "Space Heater" right now, still not sure wether it is my cup of tea or not, I did like the second song on the album called "Lie Detector". I'll listen some more, I thought they were like a cross between Motorhead and B52's, its certainly different anyay.

http://www.reverendhortonheat.com
    Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 14-Jan-07 at 16:47.

The View - Wasted little dj's

Sails of Silver - Steeleye Span

(finally, my favourite Steeleye Span album - (not the most popular one with the critics though) - just noticed somebody posted in an mp3 newsgroup - my copy (on vinyl), along with the turntable, amps and speakers is packed. Been wanting to listen to it for ages. Can stick it on my phone and listen to it wherever now! yaay!!)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast