Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Slow-worm

Tilly Teckel Guest

Default Slow-worm

Up the Dunbeath Strath for a lovely Spring walk and came across this lovely fella on the path, sunning himself!

aww ther up!!!must get back oot a look.slowworm was the first reptile i ever saw and have fallen in love with all reptiles ever since

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    aww ther up!!!must get back oot a look.slowworm was the first reptile i ever saw and have fallen in love with all reptiles ever since
    Does that include David Cameron and George Osbourne?

If the weather is nice in the hols we might go hunting for them!
    Observation only though...not capture and keep or capure and release incase anyone has funny ideas about what we want to do.
    See and photograph and look up on the net etc..not even touch!
    A wee science/nature project with photos for the kids as they are interested in all that moves.
    Any good areas to try to find them?
    I know they like to hide under corrugated iron/black plastic/compost bins etc but known sightings would be handy...

we go out every yr to look at them.it really gets to me when you see people taking them from the wild.we have a very healthy population of slow worms up the strath and thats the way it should stay