Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Job Hunters-Beggars?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I think it was Norman Tebbit's dad that suggested people "get on their bike" and look for work and I'm not against that principle either, however I do also appreciate how hard it is in the current labour market to get game-full employment.

Tilly Teckkel's experience of job search is a good example of pro active endeavor to find work and I would look favourably as a would be employer to anyone that took that approach.

I can understand David and his frustration, but I also understood the rules of the forum and thought it unwise to post a job wanted when I first saw the post and I'm not surprised that it was removed.

Nialls poor choice of words does surprise me, but he has given a full explanation and an apology. I fail to see how dragging this out will benefit David in the long term.

Nialls poor choice of words does not suprise me at all-cos he's basically thick, like them beggars looking for jobs. Full explanation and apology? Once again Niall-just post on here what you pmd me?

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Nialls poor choice of words does not suprise me at all-cos he's basically thick
    Hmmmm.....

If you are still looking for a job then I don't think you are doing yourself any favours, just let it go and concentrate your efforts on your job search.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Dry your eyes David.

Niall offered a well structured reply to your public questioning of something that was supposed to be a private matter. Hence the term "PM".

Were you asking for something (a job) from people who weren't forthcoming as a source of that thing (an employer)? Yes - And that is pretty close to the definition of a beggar. I admit, I wouldn't have used the term myself and I also admire your pro-active approach but Niall has addressed these issues.

Go to the "Job seekers" page and the first post (a sticky) clearly states "NO JOB WANTED ADVERTS ALLOWED".

You've either failed to read the rules or deliberately decided not to follow them. I don't know which it is, but, as someone who interviews people for jobs, you'd be off my list straight away.

To continue to fight "your case", especially in the way you are doing it, is quite frankly embarrasing and will do little for your employment prospects.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    Dry your eyes David.

Niall offered a well structured reply to your public questioning of something that was supposed to be a private matter. Hence the term "PM".

Were you asking for something (a job) from people who weren't forthcoming as a source of that thing (an employer)? Yes - And that is pretty close to the definition of a beggar. I admit, I wouldn't have used the term myself and I also admire your pro-active approach but Niall has addressed these issues.

Go to the "Job seekers" page and the first post (a sticky) clearly states "NO JOB WANTED ADVERTS ALLOWED".

You've either failed to read the rules or deliberately decided not to follow them. I don't know which it is, but, as someone who interviews people for jobs, you'd be off my list straight away.

To continue to fight "your case", especially in the way you are doing it, is quite frankly embarrasing and will do little for your employment prospects.

I'm not looking for a job- just post your pm to me on your site... Simple. For Niall that is.
    Last edited by david; 22-Mar-12 at 01:21.

I'm not looking for a job- just post your pm to me on your site... Simple. For Niall that is.

I am at a loss to understand what you are trying to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by linnie612 View Post
    I am at a loss to understand what you are trying to achieve.
    I give up, it seems its okay to see job seekers as beggars. Now Niall your pm to me? Posting of? I beg you.

No, seriously, what do you hope to achieve?

I don't get your point?

You're not looking for a job? What do you mean? Were you just posting a "job wanted" advert (against the website rules) to somehow fool the benefits office into thinking you were actively seeking work? Are you a benefits cheat?

If you want the power to remove posts from a forum, start your own and become the moderator! Easy!

Niall and others have built this site, and it has been a success. If you don't like the rules, click on the little red cross in the top corner and don't come back.

I don't doubt for a second that any prospective employer looking in here would immediately discount you as a potential good employee.

But maybe that's what you want?.............
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I don't get your point?

You're not looking for a job? What do you mean? Were you just posting a "job wanted" advert (against the website rules) to somehow fool the benefits office into thinking you were actively seeking work? Are you a benefits cheat?

If you want the power to remove posts from a forum, start your own and become the moderator! Easy!

Niall and others have built this site, and it has been a success. If you don't like the rules, click on the little red cross in the top corner and don't come back.

I don't doubt for a second that any prospective employer looking in here would immediately discount you as a potential good employee.

But maybe that's what you want?.............
    You havent a clue what Iv done with my life..

You havent a clue what Iv done with my life..
    Of course not.

And you mine.

But nothing you've posted on this thread has done you any favours.

Sit back, look at what you're trying to achieve, and see if the way you're presenting yourself is representative of that.

The problem with crusades is that the original intention is accidentaly lost in the passion and battle fever.

- Charles de Gaulle

Does anyone know when Tes....... The Jobcentre opens?

Niall was tactless and insensitive.... Niall has never been known here for his sensitivity and his diplomacy. Whether he has these skills in real life I dont know. He does however run a damn good forum. Spec approaches to an employer DO work. Random ads placed on a website dont. There is a world of difference between a well constructed CV landing on an employers desk and a rambling post on a website that isnt even a dedicated jobs website. Time to move on i think.

Just back from work and its nice to see I haven't missed anything

Thanks Squidge, you make my point on the "jobs wanted" posts perfectly. The personal comments are probably true from time to time as well

Jobseekers looking for employers might want to have a look at our Business Index, select their chosen area of work and go through the company web sites. Quite a few of them, especially the bigger ones, advertise on their own site before anywhere else and their company news/twitter/facebook might also provide hints of upcoming contracts that might require new employees.

Phil, look here for opening times Anyway, open or closed it'll be bedtime for me soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Fernie View Post
    Just back from work
    Careful, you'll be getting accused of being insensitive next!!

So who wants to employ David after this show then?????? Cant see many takers.......

Quote Originally Posted by Even Chance View Post
    So who wants to employ David after this show then?????? Cant see many takers.......
    The Customer Service Desk at Tesco will take him...............I think he has the right skills for that!!

Btw, anyone know what time they open?

C3.....................

Canna be bothered to tell you ... just go along and find out

Everyone's a critic ...............

David, have you tried Vestas or Siemens for a job? They were advertising in the Groat 2 weeks ago.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    David, have you tried Vestas or Siemens for a job? They were advertising in the Groat 2 weeks ago.
    David's not looking for a job Rheggy, he has made that very clear!!
    And that is what makes this thread just a bit confusing!!

C3........................

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast