Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Missing cat Castletown

Default Missing cat Castletown

Hi all,

Our wee tabby, O'Malley, has been missing since Monday morning. He's a very friendly thing, which leads me to believe that he's found a second home !

He doesn't have a collar as he's chipped, but he sports a wee white patch on his neck. Any information on his whereabouts, good or bad, would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Sorry to hear that O'Malley is missing.

I take it that you've checked all outbuildings in your area? The majority of missing cats have been shut in somewhere.

Really hope you find him safe and well very soon. I know, from experience, how awful it is when they go walkabouts.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I haven't checked the outbuildings yet Liz, as he is a bit of a wanderer by nature. Saying that, he normally only disappears for 2 days maximum. So yes, that'll be our next move I reckon. Many thanks for the advice :-)

Forgot to mention, he's only a young thing. Not even 2 yet :-(

Default Still no signs.

No news can only be bad news, I fear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	O'Malley.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	12481  

Don't give up hope! He hasn't really been away that long although I know it will feel like it! They are amazing animals and real survivors. I've heard of cats being away for very long periods of time and then just sauntering home as if they've never been away!

I do wonder whether he is shut in somewhere as they are very nosey (especially a young one like O'Malley). Is there anyone in your area who is away on holiday? He may have gone into a garage or shed and not been able to get back out.
    Try putting posters up in your area, in shops and vet surgeries. The more people who know he is missing the better.
    You could phone caithness.fm as well and ask them to broadcast an appeal.

Could you provide a contact no in case someone does see him and I'll put details on my facebook page as well.

He's home :-)

He turned up on Tuesday dinner time as if nothing had happened. I was in Glasgow at the time, but according to Mrs G, he just walked in and headed straight for his food bowl.

He looked like he'd lost some bulk, so I'm guessing that he was just having a bit of "me" time. Who knows, as long as he's home, we're all happy :-) Thanks for the advice Liz :-)

That's brilliant news!!!!