Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Loch shell filling station

How about some pics from in and around the shop to give orgers a flavour of what's available?
    Doolally

Really Doolally, the idea is YOU go and see for yourself, there's been plenty info on the thread already on what's available and what's more you'll get a very warm and friendly welcome, so go on be a devil and go a look see.......and give your sofa a rest....lol xx.

Done!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0486.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	13193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0502.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	13194Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0504.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	13195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0508.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	13196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0511.jpg 
Views:	569 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	13197

Thanks for the glowing praise Garnet.

Appreciated.

Question

Just asking...but why the Americanisation of "Centre"?
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

What a transformation! You should be very proud of yourselves. Hope you inspire others to think about re-purposing some of the other old sites around the county.

Wow that looks fantastic. Well done you guys

Visited yesterday, lovely cuppa and lemon cake to die for! Pricing really good, well done Glyn and Benjamin and all the best for the future!

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

looks great hope it goes well, i for one will be popping in for tea and a bacon buttie if you do them,
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Well done, what a great idea, cant wait to come in for tea and cake.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

I will be visiting you thia weekend. Good luck !!
    dollypops

It looks lovely will be out a look this weekend for a tea and cake well done and hope it goes well for you

Congrats on opening dad, well proud. Photos look amazing!

liz xx

This is just amazing.

Check out this link for an ITALIAN ARTICLE gone live today.(It even has some pics).

http://www.jrrtolkien.it/

If anybody out there speak Italian, I would dearly love a translation.

I ran that page through a Online Translater and he is the result. Not every word is correct but I left it as it was, quite amusing the translation.

A new botanical garden has been as soon as inaugurated in the Caithness, the county more to north of the Scotland. Little far away from capoluogo the Wick, the situated one has one particularitity: “Rivendell” is called. The name naturally is drawn from the name of the “Last invented Pleasant House” in the Earth-of-average one from J.R.R. Tolkien. It is Great Ravine, the dwelling of Elrond, where the Elfi still succeeds in living in equilibrium with the nature. And just this is the scope of Glyn and Benjamin Salisbury, father and son who are themselves embark to you in the enterprise of riqualificare the situated one in ruin of station Lochshell the benzine. To the inauguration of the new garden, saturday 14 you open them, has participated also to Lord John Thurso, elect parliamentarian in the local district of Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross and third party visconte of capoluogo the Thurso.

Glyn Salisbury (to the center in the photography up) is one writer who lives from years in the Scottish county with the moglie, On, the two daughters Jenny and Elizabeth, and the son Benjamin. It has always had an interest for the nature and the choice to move itself to Wick has been dictated just from a more constant contact with an industrialized landscape less. the beautifulst northern coast of the county of Caithness is the background on which it has acclimatized “Oscar”, novel thriller in which the sconsiderato exploitation of the nature history is to the center of that it leave from the macabra discovered of one carcass of a cetaceo on the rivers of Duncansby Head. Salisbury has in program to write one trilogy based on the Caithness.

The plan of the botanical garden is a dowel in order to bring back the which had natural equilibrium in a situated one from the man. “We have chosen this name”, reveals Glyn to the ArsT, “because naturally we love the Getlteman of Rings of J.R.R. Tolkien. Rivendell is a beauty place and this is our program. The house where we live we have called it Bag End, like the house of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins. We have not been able to resist to put one green round door of the diameter of 6 meters, with a lot of yellow handles!”. The place completely is transformed: where before there was a benzine pump in disuse and an illicit rubbish dump hour is a garden, one cafeteria, a store for the sale of the agricultural products and the local handicraft. Glyn and Benjamin have untiringly worked with an investment much meager one, but they are resolutions in the attempt to realize the center. But the two see it like a stage of a wider plan. Rivedell will have to become, slowly, true and just a botanical garden, with exotic exemplary typical plants of the Highland and also. This because, as Tolkien writes: “Every tree has its enemy, little has a lawyer”. Between some day it will be also active situated web of the botanical garden of Rivendell (the link will be active within this week).

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Very, very amusing these online translators, if you can make much sense of it.

Brilliant Kodiak.

Now if only I can find a real translator.

Anybody out there speak italian?

Laughed my head off at this article...that in itself should help bring in the customers...got room for a bus load of Italians?? Will need to brush up on your italian..I can recomend a good teacher we both know of.
    People who think they know it all....are especially annoying to those of us that do.

Hi all,

Just to bring you guys & gals up to date.

The Farm Shop should be ready in about 10 days.

2 suppliers of preserves etc have let me down. If there is anybody out there making locally made products please either call in or call me.

Glyn: 07730 836973

Default Rivendell

Hi Glyn looking forward to the Farm Shop will mark the diary for that, sorry to hear about the suppliers, maybe better will come along soon.

Will be in for some of that cake I hear about and collect a 'local phone book'. G
    People who think they know it all....are especially annoying to those of us that do.

Some honey on the comb would go down well. Haven't seen it for years!
    Doolally

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast