Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Loch shell filling station

Tilly Teckel Guest

I've only just noticed this thread, and I've never even noticed the work going on at Lochshell -I must go around with my eyes shut! I guess it's officially your opening day now so congratulations on getting there and I hope all goes really well for you. I'll be there at noon, sticky-beaking with the rest of the org

Default Good Luck

Good luck with your new project.

I'm sorry I scared you when I peeped my horn as I went by this morning, (not the best of ideas when a man is up a ladder)
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Default Rivendell opening day

Been to Rivendell today, what a terrific lot of work has been done and it's looking really smart inside and out, great looking menu and all really nicely done...congrats on your terrific effort in such a short space of time so here's hoping for a very posative future for Rivendell & Co.

It's definately worth a look fellow Orgers

Tea shop and toilet? The perfect combination.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Default loch shell

can anyone tell me is Rivendell open tommorow and what times please?
    thanks very much x

I dont even live there yet and Im intrigued!

Nicnak,Rivendell is open tomorrow.From 10 to 6 I think.

So it's a Cafe, right?
    Doolally

Quote Originally Posted by Doolally View Post
    So it's a Cafe, right?
    Wrong!!

C3............

mmm.... I'd have thought now that it's open, it would be worth telling folk what's there.

If I knew what was there, it might interest me to go but I'm not that intrigued to go over there just to see.
    Doolally

Quote Originally Posted by Doolally View Post
    mmm.... I'd have thought now that it's open, it would be worth telling folk what's there.

If I knew what was there, it might interest me to go but I'm not that intrigued to go over there just to see.
    Well said, thats how I feel too.

Named Rivendell – after the scenic Elven outpost in the JRR Tolkien epic Lord of the Rings – the site features a garden centre, a café, a farm shop and crafts for sale.

Knowing Glyn it is bound to be good so I for one will be going out to see him as it has been a while since I have had the chance to have a chat with him.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I knew it was to do with plantage!
    Well done & good luck, I shall be along in due course to see if there are any bargainiferous trolls to be had.

p.s. Any news on the pole dancers?

Hi Everybody.

Back home after seeing lots of friends throughout the opening day......one in which Lord John Thurso managed to rearrage things and make it a little earlier to officially open us up. So this is the first chance I have had to update this log...my apologises for that.

Right.
    Rivendell is a Garden Center with a Cafe. It also sells Gifts & Crafts and as we ran out of time, the last piece is a Farm Shop. (We were there till 11pm the last 2 nights and there at 9am this morning.)

Anybody who came in was well pleased with what we had done to the old eyesore.

Opening Times are as Follows:
    MON - 10am till 6pm.
    TUES - 10am till 6pm.
    WED - 10am till 6pm.
    THURS - CLOSED
    FRI - 10am till 6pm.
    SAT - 10am till 6pm.
    SUN - 10am till 6pm.

For the Summer we will extend the opening hours to 7pm, some days might be later.

I have never added an image to a log before so I hope I get this right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINAL RIVENDELL SIGN.JPG 
Views:	447 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	13167

Ps. The Trolls have not arrived and the pole dancers have been given permanent leave due to the current icy weather.

Thanks to Everyone.

Just wondered is that a play on words 'Center'? Anyway well done with the changes.. tooted my horn quite a bit passing by recently
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Well we went to Rivendell today and it was wonderful , cannot recommend highly enough, so come on folks grab your coats, go and have a cup of tea(cheaper than spoons and tescos too) and give Glynn & Benjamin some support! We will be back rest assured & thank you so much for the welcome and chat xx

Whenever we go over to the BIG Tesco the children insist they get taken to the cafe there as a treat, but no more lol. We will happily change venue ! So no more cardboard food ! And real tea ! I may even take up gardening lol. As for the farm shop I cant wait ... Fresh veg is so much better.

Good luck, Im only in Caithness at Easter and October so missed your opening, Im sure my inlaws just past Reiss will pop in though

It sounds great so must make a visit very soon.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast