Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Alexander Campbell and Christina Doull

Default Alexander Campbell and Christina Doull

I am trying to trace the family of Alexander Campbell and Christina Doull. They were married on the 30/5/1864 in Bridge Street Church, Wick.

1871 census shows Alexander and Christina living with their three daughters Christina age 6, Charlotte age 4 and Margaret age 1 at 18 Brown Place, Pulteny Town, Wick

Alexander Campbell, fisherman, died on the 7/12/1871 at Brown Place.

I have not been able to find out what happened to Christina and her daughters.

Can anyone help please.

I had made a note against Christina that she died 1889.
    She the daughter of William Doull and Margaret Bremner.

In 1881 census still in Brown Place Wick
    Christina Campbell 50
    Charlotte Campbell 14
    Margaret Campbell 11

Daug Christina aged 16 may be elsewhere 1881 - there a a couple of possibilities.
    and by 1891 they could all be married?

Can you tell me who Alex Campbell is son of and when/where he was born . I have direct line Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Can you tell me who Alex Campbell is son of and when/where he was born . I have direct line Campbell.
    I think I have just answered my own Question. Alex Campbell b 1840 son of David Campbell and a Charlotte?
    David Campbell's sister Elizabeth Campbell 1823-1899 married my Angus MORE on 7 Jan 1848.

I have David Campbell b. 7/11/1811 in Latheron. Married Charlotte "Gower" Bailie 6/4/1838 in Latheron. David listed as fisherman.